Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 75 countries. Safeguarding children and young people is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building Programs focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has Program Areas in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located.
- The position of 18+ Sub – Regional Project coordinator is part of Plan International 18+ Program on Ending Child, Early, and Forced Marriage (CEFM) in Eastern and Southern Africa implemented by the 18+ Centre of Excellence (CoE) on Ending Child Marriage and Teenage Pregnancy in Eastern and Southern Africa hosted by Plan International Zambia.
- The 18+ Sub – Regional Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the ending child marriage project in Malawi, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe and implementation of planned sub – regional activities.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Ensuring that all project activities at the different levels ( Communities, national and sub-regional) are coherent and well-coordinated by adhering to donor requirements
- Planning and implementing sub regional project activities, monitors and reports on progress (Financial and narrative) in line with donor requirements.
- Responsible for facilitating knowledge and information exchange related to implementation of the project activities, including documentation of all key activities and learning points
- Responsible for research and compilation of information exchange regarding early, forced and child marriage as specified in the project activities.
- Representing the project within relevant forums and networks of key regional level players ( including donors, strategic and organizational partners)in the field of ending child marriage and promoting gender equality, in order to influence and effectively and increase the projects visibility.
- Liaising and coordinating efforts with the regional champions of change coordinator in the 18+ Centre of Excellence on the implementation of the champions of change community social mobilization for the gender equality model across the four project implementing countries.
- Facilitating mechanisms and processes for sharing, learning, effective knowledge management among implementing stakeholders (through direct technical assistance, use of share- point and virtual conferences
- Identification and implementation of actions for the scaling up, sustainability, and communications / dissemination of project outcomes
- Supporting Country offices and partner organizations in development of project influencing, project implementation and visibility plans.
- Ensuring that Plan internationals global policies for Child Protection and Gender equality and inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant implementation standards and guidelines as applicable to area of responsibility.
Individual Specifications Include:
- Minimum of Master’s degree in a relevant Social Sciences field, Social work, Gender studies, Development studies
- Minimum 7 years work experience in gender equality / child’s rights practical experience in a similar role in a development organization.
- Proven experience in managing donor funded multi – country projects
- Proven track record of Successful management experience
- Proven experience with influencing / advocacy work
How to Apply
To apply, kindly send through your application letter and CV, clearly stating the job title of interest to: Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply enclosing their CVs and photocopies of their relevant academic qualifications. Day time telephone and/or mobile contacts should be clearly indicated.
Applications should reach the undersigned:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.