Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 75 countries. Safeguarding children and young people is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building Programs focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has Program Areas in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located.
Plan International Zambia is looking for experienced, innovative, motivated, self-starter individuals to fill the position of Procurement and Supply Chain Manager to be based in Lusaka at Country Office
- Manage the department’s entire process from planning of procurement and supply chain activities, to inventory control, logistics and distribution, to ensure effective processes and avoidance of costly delays.
- The Manager will provide oversight over all contract management processes and ensure transparency.
- The incumbent will be the focal point person and subject matter expert on all matters related to safety and security, and will lead the development of local policies and standards affecting safety and security of staff, Program area facilities and assets, and project activities.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Develop and implement a country supply chain strategy to identify and leverage opportunities for supply chain consolidation
- Coordinate the strategic sourcing, development and review of framework agreements, service level agreement and long term contracts
- Conduct market surveys for latest trends in price, availability, delivery and quality, rationalize on the existing suppliers’ base, and build partnerships with suppliers and contractor
- Develop and manage the suppliers’ register, institute mechanisms for supplier selection, evaluation, and performance measurement, and perform periodic review of supplier performance
- Regularly evaluate control measures used to manage risk in all supply chain business processes and guide management in development / improvement of control measures as necessary.
- Review all Procurement Documentations to ensure compliance is met as per the Plan International operation manual and country thresholds with a view to improve and streamline them.
- Manage assets and inventory of items under Plan International Zambia
- Lead asset tagging, verification, maintenance, monitoring and disposal in compliance with established rules and procedures
- Facilitate customs clearance of imported supplies, materials, equipment or vehicles
- Develop and update security plans, operational continuity plans and crisis management plans
- Lead development of safety and security local policies and procedures, and ensure their implementation
- Manage risks in the entire Supply Chain process, updating the department’s risk register periodically to reflect on the current risks by coming up with measures to minimize the residual risk in the entire SC process
Individual Specifications Include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Commerce, Economics or Social Sciences.
- Diploma in Procurement & Supply from the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS UK) or other relevant professional qualification required.
- Over Eight years’ experience in leading a Supply Chain Department (covering procurement, supplies, warehousing and Logistics) in the INGO/Humanitarian context
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment.
- Planning and Analytical Skills
- Leadership skills
How to Apply
To apply, kindly send through your application letter and CV, clearly stating the job title of interest to: Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply enclosing their CVs and photocopies of their relevant academic qualifications. Day time telephone and/or mobile contacts should be clearly indicated.
Applications should reach the undersigned:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.