Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
We are looking for dynamic self starter to ensure the development, coordination, and implementation of the humanitarian strategy and priority frameworks at the country level; ensures that Oxfam and partners have the capacity to prevent, mitigate and respond rapidly and proportionately to humanitarian emergencies with a focus on WASH and EFS-VL, and in the event of an emergency, to Coordinate Oxfam’s humanitarian responses and manage our humanitarian response delivery with partners within the frameworks as agreed in Oxfam and in co-ordination with the Country Director.
Country Program Background
Oxfam started working in Zambia in the 1980s. Since then, we have implemented both development and humanitarian programmes to support practical and innovative ways for people to lift themselves out of poverty.
We work with local stakeholders to find lasting solutions to the root causes which keep people in poverty. Oxfam is currently collaborating with the Government, international and local CSOs, UN Agencies and other stakeholders.
Oxfam envisions a Zambia free of extreme inequality and injustice; a society where citizens and particularly women across all age groups claim and exercise their rights and responsibilities and can influence decisions that affect their lives.
Our one country program aims to promote women’s rights, good governance and accountability, resilient livelihoods, as well as enhance preparedness, reduce vulnerability to disaster and ensure an effective response to humanitarian crises.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a Zambian National who is dynamic, charismatic and credible leader with the following:
- 5+ years of progressively more senior experience managing humanitarian and/or rural development projects in Zambia
- Proven and traceable experience in WASH, EFSVL during emergence response
- Significant leadership ability and analytical skills
- Degree in Disaster Management or any related Social Sciences, a Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Thought leadership experience in the development and delivery of the humanitarian preparedness program in Zambia and the region
- Traceable experience in establishment and maintenance of functional relationships with policy makers, government officials, political parties, civil society, development partners and other interest groups
- Proved experience in security information gathering, management and strengthening of personal, team and Partner security
- Experience in capacity building of partners and people movements
- This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference in Zambia, to act as key contributor to country program, to work with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their fields etc, training and development, offers fair pay and competitive benefits package (apart from salary some of the benefits are medicals/leave/life assurance/gratuity/career development etc).
- Our values and commitment to safeguarding
- Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
- We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
- Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks
How to Apply
Submit your CV and application on company website: