Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometres. The mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations.
Lubambe Copper Mines is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM – Investments Holdings (20%).
The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 1,500 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.3% copper, yielding 45,000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelter in Zambia.
To support this vision, Lubambe Copper Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following positions:
Core Purpose of the position
- To plan, control and guard company property to prevent vandalism and thefts in the mine area.
- Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Physical means of protecting staff and property and should be very alert for proper guarding against thefts, pilferage, accidents and intruders
- Arrange and coordinate routine security patrols in the mine area.
- Conduct copper concentrate and bank escorts.
- Supervise subordinates to ensure that all are equipped, trained and qualified to perform their duties in an appropriate manner.
- Execution of shift operations in keeping with various Company Policies, Mine standing instructions and Departmental Operating procedures
- Accurate, detailed and timely delivery of required administrative reports (Oral, Written, Incident reports and security reports.)
- Keep and maintain the visitors register properly
- Keep and maintain all keys register properly and secure the keys in s designated safe place.
- Ensure safe use of fire arms to protect company vital installations
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Grade twelve with five O level which must include English
- Relevant tertiary academic qualification will be an added advantage.
- Zambia Police /Mine Police Training.
- Must not be over 50 years old.
- Must show appreciation of the Zambia Laws.
- Computer literate
- Must possess a clean and drivers’ license
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to the email below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.