Zambia Sugar Plc., a large agro-industry which is part of Illovo Sugar Ltd, is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugarcane, the production and marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products. The Company has a permanent employee base of 1 700 employees and offers medical, educational, sport, recreation and other social facilities on the Estate in Mazabuka.
The recently expanded Nakambala Sugar Mill area comprises approximately 28 000 hectares of irrigated sugarcane. An approximately 1 7 000 hectares of the planted area is owned by Zambia Sugar Plc.; and the balance of 11 000 hectares is owned by fourteen commercial Growers and three small-scale grower entities whose affairs are managed by the Estimated Recoverable Crystals (ERC)Committee comprising membership from Zambia Sugar Plc. and the Growers.
The Company now invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position;
- Formulating partnership across the Human resources function in order to deliver value added service to Management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organisation
- Works closely with Management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention.
- Implement HR policies within areas of responsibility and demonstrate understanding of business priorities and opportunities for H R contribution.
- Partner closely with HR Specialist in areas of Compensation and Benefits, Talent Management, HR Solutions, and Learning and Development.
- Act as a change agent and key enabler to support various HR projects and programs to drive and deliver company objectives.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g. , coaching, counselling, career development, disciplinary actions),
- Assisting in ensuring that the Industrial relations climate in the Company is conducive to its efficient and effective operations,
- Oversee all human resources operations and ensure they are aligned with the Business goals.
- Management of disciplinary and grievance handling processes for senior members of staff
- Implementation of continuous improvement initiatives for the Human resources Department
- Support implementation of Safety, Health, Environmental and Risk business initiatives within the Human resources initiatives.
Qualification and Experience
- Degree in Human Resources Management or Social Science
- 6 years ‘ work experience in a Human Resource function
- Thorough knowledge of current Zambian Labour laws and Human resources best practices
- Member of Zambia Institute of Human Resources
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply, enclosing their detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of Educational and technical qualifications, contact address and phone numbers to the undersigned: 15th February 2019
The Human Resources,
Director Zambia Sugar Plc,
PO Box 670240,