People in Need (PIN) is a non-governmental, non-profit organization with the headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic, providing humanitarian assistance and development aid all over the world. For more information, please see www.peopleinneed.cz
Our mission is to support and improve the livelihood of vulnerable people. We strive for open, informed, engaged and responsible society that would be able to address problems at home as well as in the world. We want to actively participate in shaping a society where cultural, ethnic, racial and other differences are a source of enrichment rather than conflict.
PIN’s office in Zambia is currently located in Mongu, Western province. PIN’s programme focusses on rural development using a multi-sectoral approach (agriculture, nutrition, food security, WASH, saving groups, maternal and child health, energy) and on good governance.
1.2. Description of the Role
- People in Need is a growing and ambitious organisation.
- The quality of our programmes and our impact on vulnerable populations is built upon effective management and operations systems.
- We are recruiting for a Cashier/Administrative Assistant in Mongu to provide support to the Finance department as well as other departments (Logistics, Programme) to ensure a professional and efficient running of the Zambia programme’s operations, so as to enable programme staff and other stakeholders to build an effective and successful PIN Programme in Zambia.
- In this capacity, the Cashier/Administrative Assistant will implement transparent and reliable financial and administrative processes to generate accurate financial information for the organisation and its stakeholders.
- To maintain PIN Zambia cash box and ensure correctness of cash transactions.
- To maintain proper documentation.
1.3. Key responsibilities
- Financial Administration
- Responsibility for PIN Zambia cash box
- Maintenance of cash payments (payment of advances, advance clearance, reimbursement of project related expenses) with supervision from FO
- Maintenance of Navision cash register – regular updates and cash inventories (Fridays & month end)
- Checking of bill/invoice correctness – dates, amounts, suppliers, clarity, descriptions, signatures before handing over to FO to upload on ELO
- Sorting, scanning, filing
- Making payment to PIN stakeholders with proper documentation
- Encoding daily transactions in Navision, bookkeeping, regularly reconcile cash books
- Payments to NAPSA and different institutions
Human Resource Administration:
- Filing of HR related documents
- Note: All the above key responsibilities are for guidance purpose only. Specific and detailed job responsibilities would form part of the job contract of the person selected for the job.
- 1.4 Contractual Terms:
- Duration: Contract of 10 months (until December 2019) renewable on yearly basis
- Salary: dependent on experience
- Working Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week.
- Leave: 24 days per annum (2 days per month)
- The Cashier/Administrative Assistant is based in Mongu, Western Province, Zambia.
2. Person Specific Requirements
- 2.1 Work Experience and Knowledge
- Experience in a similar position;
- Formal qualifications in finance, banking, office administration or related field;
- Knowledge of Zambian regulations for financial processes;
- Ability of record keeping;
- Excellent IT skills, in particular Word, Excel and email is a must; knowledge of any finance software is an advantage;
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- Highly organized, reliable, honest, dynamic and self-motivated, ability to work under high pressure and prioritize tasks;
- Willing to learn and grow within the organization.
3. Application Process:
- Please submit detailed CV (Max 2pages) and motivation letter online.
- Due to limited resources, People in Need HR will contact only shortlisted candidates.
- First round of formal interviews will be on rolling basis.
- Any offer made will be conditional on receipt of 3 or more favourable written reference(s) (from your most recent employer, any other previous employer and a character reference). In case clarification is required post the receipt of complete reference forms, People in Need reserves the right to call the referees.
- Start date: ASAP
How to Apply
Submit your CV and application on company website: