Senior chief Chiwala’s Area, Masaiti District, Ndola Zambia.
The Dangote Group is one of Africa’s leading conglomerates producing diversified products. Dangote Cement, a subsidiary of the Dangote Group, is the leading producer of cement in Zambia with a modern advanced integrated cement plant in Ndola, on the Copperbelt.
Dangote Cement requires action oriented, high performing and dedicated professional in the following discipline:
- Manage the physical security of respective plant’s facilities, assets, installations and personnel in the assigned location.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Develop work schedules for Security Officers in assigned plant in line with the approved security plan and program.
- Conduct physical inspection/ review of plant to identify potential security incidences.
- Ensure plant’s facilities, assets, installations and personnel are secure in compliance with approved security policies and procedures.
- Respond to security requests/ emergency situations and take adequate steps to resolve security issues.
- Oversee and direct the activities of Security Officers to ensure adherence to defined work schedule.
- Participate in relevant programs at designated plant to nurture a security-conscious culture among employees.
- Mobilize Security Officers to carry out detailed investigations of security incidents.
- Deal with reports of suspicious or potential risk observations, and escalate to the Plant Director where necessary.
- Coordinate the provision of first level fire-fighting support in the incidence of fire breakout at the plant.
- Ensure all security occurrences are properly documented, records maintained and reported.
- Provide timely information to the Plant Director for development and dissemination of security and incident reports.
- Provide Justification for the unit’s operating expenses and obtain the required approval.
- Submit periodic activity reports to the Plant Director.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Plant Director.
- Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Art Degree / Diploma in security from recognized institution or equivalent qualification in any discipline.
- Minimum of eight (10) years relevant experience, with at least one (3) year in a supervisory position.
- Previous military/paramilitary/policing experience will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suits and SAP applications.
- Basic understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislation’s relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of security systems and law enforcement practices.
- Sound knowledge of physical and security risk management approaches.
- Ability to think strategically and holistically.
- Very good problem solving skills.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to pay adequate attention to detail.
- In-depth knowledge of local approved HSE policies.
- Proven supervisory skills.
- The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
How to Apply
Candidates meeting the above requirements should send their applications to:
The General Manager HR& Admin and send them to email@example.com
Please note that you are to attach an Application Letter & Latest CV ONLY in Microsoft word format as ONE document.
Position should be clearly mentioned in the subject line e.g. “Head Plant Security”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.