Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometres. The mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations.
Lubambe Copper Mine is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM – Investments Holdings (20%).
The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 1,500 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.3% copper, yielding 45,000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelters in Zambia.
Lubambe Copper Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following position:
This position reports to the Senior Cost Analyst
Purpose of the Position:
- The position involves preparing and providing timely financial and statistical information to the Departmental Managers/HOD’s so that they can make day-to-day and short-term managerial decisions.
Key Performance Areas / Indicators (KPA/Is):
- To prepare weekly and monthly departmental cost reports with exceptional highlights for Departmental Managers.
- Report on periodic variances and their causes to the departmental managers
- Attend departmental planning and operations meetings in order to timely sensitize operational managers of cost and financial performance and be aware of the operational plans.
- Advise departmental staff on correct cost allocation and analysis codes in line with weekly budgetary plans and as requested
- Continuously review ledgers to ensure that all PR/Stores requisitions are timely captured that expenditure is posted to correct cost centres and codes by carrying out a review of postings on daily basis
- Work hand in hand with Supply Chain and Accounts Payable to ensure that direct orders being raised, and invoices being captured are correctly posted in line with budget plans.
- Raise correction journals where necessary in order to reflect the correct cost per code in line with budgetary plans
- Help coordinate and collect underlying budget data at departmental level for the comprehensive company annual budget consolidation.
- Assist the Business Analyst to gather historical operational budgeting and expenditure information where necessary.
- Apply budgetary controls by ensuring officials operate within approved budget and make the most effective use of available resources at departmental level.
- Review and vet all orders to ensure they are raised in line with budgetary plans and cost effectively and ensure cost allocation is done correctly.
- Ensure that the major operating consumables on consignment (Explosives, Tyres, Rock tools, Vent consumables etc) are processed and reconciled in line with production activity.
- Work hand in hand with Stores to track all Works Orders on Major Component Repairs and other commitments to ensure that they are adequately provided for the in the accounts.
- Check and ensure the contractors’ and consignment invoices are adequately provided for and accrued in the accounts.
- Any other Ad-hoc duties requested from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Full ACCA, CIMA or degree in accounting
- Grade 12 certificate with 5 Credits and better
- Cost experience in the mining industry is desirable and will be an added advantage
- Must be a member of ZICA, ACCA, CIMA or other recognised accounting institutes
- Must have 3+ years of proven track record related experience in similar position and senior level reporting.
- Budgeting experience is an added advantage
- Excellent written communication skills and high conceptual/ analytical skills
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.