Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. Our Vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. In Zambia, Save the Children works in the following Thematic areas: Education, Health& Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights Governance and Child Poverty; including Humanitarian response. Save the Children wishes to invite qualified individuals to apply for the following position:
Duty Station: Lusaka
The position is responsible for partner assessments, due diligence in partner selection processes. He/she will oversee the financial reporting and compliance aspects of partnership engagements in country. The Budgeting, Reporting and Partnership Officer will be reporting to Budgeting, Reporting and Partnership Coordinator.
- Assist in the development of proposals budget for new programs as well as the modification of existing grants.
- Assist in the development of the master budget and ensure that all Non-Thematic costs/assumptions are included and up to date
- Responsible for updating the budgets in BVA report and keep them up to date
- Reviews monthly budget reports, identifies any areas of slow or fast burn rates or other challenges
- Works with and assist budget holders on budget management and budget phasing
- Review the reclassifications proposed by program staff for eligibility in line with donor regulations and in line with Save the Children Financial policies
- Review expenses on a monthly basis to insure the correctness of booking/coding, eligibility and compliance with the donor policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with all donor requirements and advises budget holders on compliance issues.
- Responsible for partner finance-related due diligence, assessments, vetting and selection processes
- Reviews potential sub-grantees’ proposals and budgets
- Participates in the process of awarding sub-grants/sub-contracts
- Conducts field visits to sub-grantees to check the financial report supporting documents.
- Lead on sub-award and sub-award close out processes and reconciliation
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced diploma ZICA/ACCA or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in partnership/sub-award management in an international organisation.
- Previous experience in partnership assessment (financial) and capacity building/training is a must
- Proven experience in developing and amending partnership agreement, budgets, and close out, etc.
- Excellent understanding of local law and regulations applicable to local NGOs is added advantage
- Excellent analytical skills – the ability to analyse complex financial data, design and produce effective reports for management information.
- Previous experience with various donors financial policies and guidelines including USAID, Europe Aid, Sida, CIDA, UNICEF, UNHCR, ECHO, and other institutional donors
- Excellent organizational & communications skills
- Good computer skills especially in spreadsheet & data analysis (excel & access) and familiarity with accounting software is preferred.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams in the event of major emergencies
- Child Safeguarding:
- Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holders to have regular contact with or access to children or young people. In this regard, the job holder should be in a position to work and uphold the interest of Children and uphold the organization’s Child Safeguarding policy.
How to Apply
Please send only your application letter clearly stating the position in the subject line with a detailed CV indicating 3 traceable referees, one of whom should have been direct supervisor, through email to:
The Human Resource & Administration Manager.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH COPIES OF YOUR CERTIFICATES.
Save the Children reserves the right to re advertise if suitable applicants are not found