In line with our corporate priorities aimed at ensuring optimization of revenue collection and increased tax compliance on one hand and the need to effectively manage the numerous challenges and opportunities in the fast changing business environment on the other. we are seeking highly motivated. result-oriented and well-qualified and experienced professionals to fill the following vacancies with Zambia Revenue Authority.
Reporting directly to the Director-ICT, the job holder will be responsible for effectively supporting the ZRA business through the provision of timely, cost effective, efficient and professional ICT Systems Development through consultation, agreements and research, with ZRA ICY, divisions and service providers leading the Systems Development Unit (SSU) and providing project management, coordination and necessary support to facilitate them timely delivery of planned solutions,
- Leads teams that will undertake the planning and designing of new ICT software solutions.
- Leads teams that will design and customise technological systems and platforms to improve customer experience.
- Leads teams that will design cost effective software solutions according to streamlined business processes.
- Leads teams that undertake the development of new software solutions for the Authority.
- Undertakes quality assurance of the developed software systems to ensure value for money to the Authority.
- Arranges and undertakes testing of new software solutions and confirm meeting user requirements.
- Ensures that new software solutions incorporate ICT security at all levels of the system.
- Undertakes project management activities related to Software Development in the Authority.
- Provides leadership to ICT systems development teams, prioritizing projects and ensuring commitments are met while providing high quality and cost effective syslems that meet customers’ expedations.
- Participates in the development and execution of an ICT Strategy that supports the core business of the Authority as part of ICT Management.
- Participates in the formulation Of Divisional goals, strategies, policies, plans and budgets and in rnonitoring the division performance so as to ensure that the divisional goals are achieved as part of Modemisation and Corporate Strategy (MCS) Management.
- Assesses training needs and arranges the training and development of an staff under systems development section, so as, to enhance their competences and career development
- Deals with agreeing, setting, monitoring and assessing performance of staff in systems development section to ensure that they work towards meeting both their personal goals and the Authoritys performance objectives.
- Makes recommendations to the organisation about the systems development section to align it with the prevailing MCS Division and ZRA Corporate
- Strategic Plan strategies and objectives.
- Ensures that the systems development section undertakes the creation.
- Maintenance and enforcement of the ICT standards, policies and procedures.
- Conducts research on latest ICT trends in the world and providing advice and recornmending direction on ICT rnatters.
- Analyses the costs, value and risks of information technology to advise management and suggest actions
- Grade Twelve School Certificate/General Certificate of Education (GCE)
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of five years’ managerial relevant work experience in the Information and. Communication Technology profession.
- Relevant Experience in leading teams that undertake ICT systems design and development.
Other Skills and Attributes:
- High levels of integrity
- Analytical skills
- ICT software developrnentskills
- Decision making skills
- Planning and organising skills
- Leadership and coaching skills
- Motivational skills
- Time management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Oral and written communication skills
How to Apply
Only candidates who meet the above role specifications and competencies should apply by enclosing their detailed CVs, photocopies Of their academic/professional qualifications and any otherrelevant documentation in support ofthe application. Daytime and reachable telephone and/or mobile numbers should be clearly stated.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Director Human Resource,
Zambia Revenue Authority,
PO Box 35710,