Clinics For All Zambia (Clinics4All) is a Local medical, non-political, non-governmental, non-profit organization with the following set of core values:
To reduce maternal and child morbidity and mortality by:
- Providing access to basic health care for medically under-served women and children; and
- Filling infrastructure and programming shortfalls in the public health system.
- To create a sustainable solution by building expertise and accountability at the local level through partnership with national Ministries of Health and local non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
- To engage the Zambia community in establishing sustainable maternal, neo-natal and child health technology programs that will lower the burden of disease and ensure effective use of resources; and
- To engage the public and private business and scientific communities in identifying and adapting innovative technologies that will have a significant impact on improving maternal and child health in developing countries.
- Where We Work Clinics4All works towards improving access to primary healthcare for vulnerable populations in medically-underserved or infrastructure-poor environments in developing countries globally.
- We partner with local and Zambia organizations committed to the sustainable provision of quality care focused on maternal, new-born, and child health and coordinate a complete health eco-system to ensure effective and sustained healthcare delivery.
Purpose of the Position:
- As the Clinics4All’s Public-Private Partnerships Advisor, the incumbent will contribute to Clinics4All’s overall resource targets by leading efforts in each project country to broker high-value partnerships with local and multinational companies in conjunction with multi-sector grants from major government agencies and selected foundations
- Lead private sector partner identification
- Undertake corporate relationship building and negotiate the terms of partnerships
- Monitor effectiveness of corporate collaborations; and Communicate Clinics4All’s ethos and demonstrate a quality of programing that is an example to others.
- Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Director of Programs, the UHPPP ensures the effective and efficient management of the “Public Private Partnerships” Project by supporting the design, planning and management of PPP intervention in all project countries.
- Assume full responsibility for and manage effectively and efficiently all PPP program activities and resources (human, financial, physical / material assets, etc) in order to meet expected results. Develop annual activity and procurement work plans as well as budgets based on expected year-end outputs, ensure close monitoring of activities and disbursements.
- Ensure application of Clinics4All programming tools and policies by all country office PPP programs. Keep abreast of Clinics4All programming practices and maintain an optimum level of knowledge by continuous learning.
- Ensure prepare qualitative substantive and financial progress reports as may be required by the PPP program and head office. Prepare periodic procurement/contracting and financial delivery reports for Clinics4All management. Prepare PPP program budgets as needed.
- Ensure wide dissemination and visibility of the PPP program achievements.
- Give guidance and support the Country Coordinators – PPP and CO
- Identify potential industries and companies that have investments and resources that align with sectoral and country office (CO) priorities.
- Contribute to development strategies for high-value, innovative private sector partnerships and build and/or manage relationships with local and international private sector entities.
- Represent Clinics4All and facilitate discussions with the private sector, usually in conjunction with Country Coordinators – PPP and/or senior CO management, to yield top-rate collaborations.
- Facilitate clarification of goals in each partnership and assure strong operations and likelihood of success in a given partnership.
- Pitch value propositions to top level executives in private sector to identify win-win collaborations and partnerships.
- Identify priorities and steps to advance mutually productive, equitable, trust-based relationships in all COs.
- Involve technical experts, Clinics4All senior management, unit heads, country representatives and country coordinators – PPP to assure flourishing partnerships.
- Assure partner vetting, working closely with country coordinators – PPP, unit heads and other CO teams.
- Collaborate with Country Coordinators and other CO staff to assure partnership agreements and partnership governance models in each project country reflect the priorities of end beneficiaries, Clinics4All and other priority stakeholders.
- Support country offices in designing programs that leverage unique, high value contributions of local and multinational companies.
- Lead pursuit of innovation and unique value, contributing to effective primary healthcare and related outcomes.
- Work closely with country coordinators – PPP to write proposal sections describing private sector involvement in a given project.
- Solicit for and obtain letters of intent and support from private sector entities for new proposals.
- Represent Clinics4All to Donor Mission representatives for Strategic Development Alliances.
- Obtain intelligence regarding priority private sector directions and opportunities per Donor requirements.
- Assure clear partnership or collaboration monitoring systems are incorporated into project design.
Cross Functional Communication:
- Assure stakeholders in each project country have information essential to advancing clear communication and coordinated action in a complex organization.
- Assure clarity of communication with other Clinics4All colleagues as well as corporate representatives.
- Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills & Experience
- Degree in International Development, Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or a related field;
- 5+ years’ experience interacting with private sector entities in business development, strategic partnering, account management and partnership development;
- Experience in developing public-private partnerships, negotiations with high level executives and pitching value propositions and ideas to private sector and/or government;
- Must have proven track record in brokering cross sectoral partnerships between NGOs, Governments and the private sector.
- Existing relationships with governments, private sector, international development partners strongly preferred
- Strong communication skills, teamwork, networking, and relationship management skills
- High degree of independent judgment and initiative
- Excellent English writing and speaking
- Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with some travel to the field
- Travel: 20% Domestic/international travel is required.
How to Apply
Interested persons with above detailed skills and good performance background should submit their CV’s, application letter, 3 reference letters and copies of certified academic qualifications to the email below: CV‘s received after this date will not be accepted. Clinics4All is an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on Gender.
To apply please send resumes in English to and use the subject “Coordinator- Procurement, Logistics & Supply Chain”
NOTE: Clinics For All is an equal opportunities employer.
The deadline for applications is 28th February 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Recruitment Committee
100/655 Off Lake Road,
PO Box 320320,