Clinics4All is a locally development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves and provides basic health care for medically underserved women and children.
Clinics4All is seeking a Business and Program Development Coordinator to join its Development and Technical Services team at the Country Office in Lusaka, Zambia. The program Development Manager tracks program efforts, identifies and leads new business opportunities, coordinates with regions and programs staff, and represents Clinics4all to donors, partners and other external stakeholders.
Primary job responsibilities include:
1. Monitors and coordinates all program development efforts in assigned region.
- Identifies and analyses new program opportunities within the region, regularly monitoring opportunities from Clinics4Alls’ primary donors.
- Creates program development budgets and justifications. Monitors and reports on status of budgets.
- Coordinates regularly with field staff and other departments engaged in program development in assigned region.
- Ensure that tracking database is kept up to date for all ongoing program development in assigned region.
2. Identifies, leads and supports new traditional and non-traditional funding and program opportunities by Managing proposal process start to finish, ensuring Clinics4All and donor standards and requirements are met.
- Analyses opportunities and makes recommendations on potential program strategies.
- Responsible for the overall coordination, planning, development, and management of a public and private sector fundraising strategy to mobilise resources and support accountability of transparent grant management.
- Participates on proposal teams in assigned role, whether leading the proposal team or serving in another role.
- Identifies needs on the proposal team and defines roles of each team member, ensuring an appropriate level of support.
- Develops and articulates strategic approaches, partnerships, management/staffing plans, M&E, budgets, and project designs.
- Develops and defines partnership arrangements as related to specific proposals.
- Ensures all actions are completed at the end of a proposal development process.
3. Builds regional-focused relationships with representatives of potential donors (traditional and non-traditional) and strategic partners.
- Identifies new partners, sub awardees/subcontractors, and/or donors to enhance Clinics4Alls’ capabilities and expand our programming.
- Stays abreast of funding priorities of Clinics4Alls’ major donors.
- Supports Clinics4All’s program and field staff’s relationship building with non-traditional donors and partners.
- Effectively conduct market analysis on funding trends
- Gather business intelligence
- Identify and participate in responding to business opportunities in the country
- Join existing and /or create new and relevant networks in-country to Clinics4All Zambia for funding partnerships
- Donor engagements and donor contracts management
4. Communicates regularly with program and field staff as well as other departments on ongoing and planned program development efforts, specific support needs and field staff capacity building requirements.
5. Represents Clinics4all at meetings, conferences, and workshops.
6. Undertakes all other duties and projects as may be assigned from time to time.
- Broad understanding of principals of international development, including sub-fields such as community mobilization, local governance and civil society development, local economic development, microfinance, food security, health and/or others.
- Familiarity with UKAID/DFID, SIDA, USAID rules and regulations and knowledge of UKAID/DFID, SIDA and USAID RFA and RFP proposal processes and/or other donors.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and sound judgment.
- Proven willingness to make timely and sound decisions based on accurate judgment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff in a professional manner.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to manage deadlines, to manage others and to work independently.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural, geographically dispersed team environment.
- Able to work abroad in sometimes difficult and challenging environments.
- Fluency in English, written and oral. Abilities in a second language preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of word processing, and database maintenance.
- Ability to travel extensively to region of responsibility.
- Accuracy, attention to detail.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and ability to sit at a computer and operate a keyboard.
- Minimum requirement of Degree/Diploma in Business Development Studies, with relevant minimum work experience of 3 – 5 years.
- Experience with Donor Funded related project implementation and/or development preferred such as USAID/DFID/CIDA /UNICEF or others
- Other international project experience with other donors also desired.
- Experience in field program implementation, program backstopping and/or budgeting desired, preferably in assigned region.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply
Interested persons with above detailed skills and good performance background should submit their CV’s, application letter, 3 reference letters and copies of certified academic qualifications to the email below: CV‘s received after this date will not be accepted. Clinics4All is an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on Gender.
To apply please send resumes in English to and use the subject “Coordinator- Procurement, Logistics & Supply Chain”
NOTE: Clinics For All is an equal opportunities employer.
The deadline for applications is 28th February 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Recruitment Committee
Plot No. 100/655,
Off Lake Road,
PO Box 320320,