Zambia Airports Corporation Ltd is a reputable Aviation Organization with a vision to provide World Class Airport and Air Navigation Services at the four designated International airports in Zambia, namely; Kenneth Kaunda in Lusaka, Simon Mwansa Kapwepwe in Ndola, Harry Mwaanga Nkumbula in Livingstone and Mfuwe and Ten (10) provincial and strategic aerodromes.
The Corporation’s mission is to develop and manage airport and air navigation infrastructure and services to international standards, meeting stakeholders values while profitably contributing to the national economic development.
In pursuit of the Corporation’s vision and to effectively discharge its mandate, an opportunity has arisen for the position of Director Human Resources.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced Zambian citizens to fill the below mentioned position which has fallen vacant from January, 2018.
- To provide efficient and effective delivery of current and planned airport services required in supporting the achievements of the company’s objectives.
- Providing effective leadership in the day to day operations of the division and in accordance with regulatory requirement
- Preparing and implementing divisional budget plans in accordance with company policy
- Determining financial, human and other operating resources to support achievement of divisional plans
- Maintaining and developing airport infrastructure to acceptable standards
- Ensuring availability of acceptable standards of operational services in accordance with regulatory requirement and/or service level agreement
- Preparing periodic reports on operational performance
- Preparing business plans and cost/benefit analysis to assess the viability of the business ventures
- Providing appropriate and beneficial solutions to the Corporation’s business ventures
- Performing adequate sales and marketing activities periodically
- Increasing sales in line with approved budgets
- Ensuring up to date training for divisional staff in line with regulatory requirements and budgets
- Effectively implement Performance Management System for divisional staff
- Effectively manage succession planning for division
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Full Grade 12 certificate with at least Five 01 Level Credits including English language and Mathematics.
- First degree in Public Administration, Economics, or Business Related Studies
- Must have a relevant post graduate masters’ degree.
- At least 8 years’ post graduate work which include 5 years at Management level.
- Experienced in the aviation industry is a definite advantage
- Proven strong leadership and co-ordination skills
- Be able to influence change and make decisions at the highest level based on an in depth understanding of market risk and asset management
- Excellent marketing and public relations skills
- Ability to focus on several functions of the Corporation’s disciplines such as technological, financial, legal and human resources
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels and implement any changes to policy and also enhance organisational processes
- Self-starter, able to take reasonability and respond effectively to a varied and demanding rage of tasks
- Client/Stakeholder orientation-internal/external
- Development of others
- Team work
- Personal effectiveness
- Change management
- This is a contractual job and an attractive package will be awarded to the
- successful candidate. The position is tenable for an initial contract period of
- three (3) years.
How to Apply
Applications with detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of all relevant academic and Professional certificates, copy of National Registration Card (NRC)/ Passport and other relevant documents to support your application with contact details indicating day time telephone/fax numbers, names and contact addresses of three (3) traceable referees, should be submitted in a sealed envelope to the under signed:
The Managing Director,
Zambia Airports Corporation Ltd,
Kenneth Kaunda International Airport,
PO Box 30175,
Or by email to: