Zambia Airports Corporation Ltd is a reputable Aviation Organization with a vision to provide World Class Airport and Air Navigation Services at the four designated International airports in Zambia, namely; Kenneth Kaunda in Lusaka, Simon Mwansa Kapwepwe in Ndola, Harry Mwaanga Nkumbula in Livingstone and Mfuwe and Ten (10) provincial and strategic aerodromes.
The Corporation’s mission is to develop and manage airport and air navigation infrastructure and services to international standards, meeting stakeholderS values while profitably contributing to the national economic development.
In pursuit of the Corporation’s vision and to effectively discharge its mandate, an opportunity has arisen for the position of Director Human Resources.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced Zambian citizens to fill the below mentioned position which has fallen vacant from April, 2018.
- To provide efficient and effective HR management and development support services to the corporation.
- Divisional planning and budget management.
- Establish and maintain effective HR information systems
- Provide efficient and effective industrial relations services to the company
- Secure adherence to HR management policies and procedure by all functional areas of the company.
- Develop and implement HR performance improvement programmes
- Provide accurate and timely reports on HR developments taking place in the company. Provide effective HIV/AIDS sensitization and employee medical scheme administration programmes
Knowledge, Skills And Experience
- Full Grade 12 Certificate with 5 Credits including English Language and Mathematics
- First degree in Public Administration, Human Resources Management, or any Social Science plus a post graduate qualification in the relevant field.
- A valid practicing certificate from the Zambia Institute of Human Resources Management.
- At least 8 years’ experience in the Human Resource Management function of which
- Five (5) years is at Management level.
- Experience in the Aviation industry will be a definite advantage
- Key Competencies in hr Function:
- Highly competent in dealing with all routine staff relations, staff welfare and all administrative aspects of the HR function.
- Constructive member of the management team and highly participative in key decisions pertaining to staff welfare.
- Well-dcvclopcd communication and negotiation skills.
- Approachable and able to network easily with staff at all levels
- Client/Stakeholder orientation-internal/external
- Development of others
- Team work
- Personal effectiveness
- Change management
- This is a contractual job and an attractive package will be awarded to the successful candidate. The position is tenable for an initial contract period of three (3) years.
How to Apply
Applications with detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of all relevant academic and Professional certificates, copy of National Registration Card (NRC)/ Passport and other relevant documents to support your application with contact details indicating day time telephone/fax numbers, names and contact addresses of three (3) traceable referees, should be submitted in a sealed envelope to the under signed:
The Managing Director,
Zambia Airports Corporation Ltd,
Kenneth Kaunda International Airport,
PO Box 30175,
Or by email to: