Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometres. The mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations.
Lubambe Copper Mines is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM – Investments Holdings (20%).
The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 1,500 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.3% copper, yielding 45,000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelter in Zambia.
To support this vision, Lubambe Copper Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following positions:
- This position reports to the Superintendent – Geology
- Purpose of this position
- To carry out Geological grade control functions at Lubambe Copper Mine as outlined in the Key performance areas.
- The geologist will have a wide range of interactions and the information supplied is critical to success of many disciplines such as Surveyors, Sectional Planners, Mine Superintendents, Mine Captains and the Mine Manager.
Key Performance Areas / Indicators (KPA/Is):
- The Senior Grade Control Geologist will oversee all grade control activities and supervise the geology grade control crew.
- The Senior grade control geologist shall be responsible for and oversee:-
- ore drive mapping, piloting and sampling
- On draw stope monitoring and sampling
- Daily and weekly grade and dilution performance report
- Compliance report on planned panels versus actual stopes on draw
- Generate and present expected head grade forecast report
- Stope closure reconciliation, analysis and reporting, utilizing the resource model and or grade control model
- Conduct pre-stope mapping and provide mapped geological data to the Resource Geologist
- Review and validate geological stoping wireframes
- Conduct pre-stope panel evaluation and generate dilution estimate report
- Generate, validate and issue slot design wireframes to planning
- Inspect and confirm slot drilling compliance to designed slot wireframes and geological dips
- Attend daily production meeting to address all issues on grade and ore drive positioning status
- Generate planned ore drive advance grades for monthly planning and forecast
- Provide guidance and implement ore blend to meet budget grade.
- Any other duties as stipulated by the supervisor
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- A Degree or Qualification in Geology obtained from a recognised institution.
- 5 years’ experience in underground mine geological operations, preferably grade control at a senior level.
- A knowledge of 3D geological/mine planning software preferably Datamine, Surpac and MicroStation.
- A good knowledge of Microsoft software packages like Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Working with minimum supervision.
- Should be of a sober character.
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to the email below: Please do not send scanned copies of your educational qualifications at this stage and indicate the job applied for in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.