Zambia Railways Ltd (ZRL) is a national Railway of Zambia. The company specialises in transporting heavy cargo in the Southern African Development Community (SADC), as well as running a local passenger train service. The area of product specialization is Freight-Bulk cargo and passenger rail services to the satisfaction of all stakeholders.
Zambia Railways Limited therefore seeks the services of committed, vibrant, innovative, and strategically focused and business oriented
Zambian nationals to fill the vacant positions below:
Purpose of The Job
- To provide expert knowledge , experience and operational management to the ICT Services department, ensuring that the Infrastructure, devices and services used across the Company are fit for purpose, secure and maintained to the highest standards.
- The post holder will advise on future technology, system and service solutions to meet the needs of the Company, and manage projects to renew and improve the infrastructure as part of an overall ICT strategy for the Company.
Grade and Reporting Line
- This a senior management position in the Zambia Railways Limited structure Salary Grade RM 3 to the Director Technical Services.
- To plan, control and co-ordinate the acquisition, provision, repair and maintenance of Signaling, Telecommunication (S&T) and information Communication systems (IT).
Support the Management in ensuring that Zambia Railways is realizing the expected value from installed, and hired from vendor partnerships:
- Signaling, Telecommunication and Information, Communication and Technology capacity.
- To design, implement and manage the company’s S&T and IT network infrastructure, including associated systems like virtual hosts, Wifi, firewall and switches;
- To manage the company’s IT and S&T hardware and software and meeting all relevant network security and external regulations.
- To be responsible for the installation, maintenance and support and extension of the Company’s local area network and end user devices, through setting up central servers, adding clients and configuring network hardware.
- To manage company-wide IT and S&T and to have back-up facilities to ensure rapid restoration of service in the event of a failure.
- To manage the ICT Systems budget, maximising the impact of investment on the efficiency of business support functions.
- To manage and perform quality control of installation, maintenance and inspection of all railway signal and communication systems in order to promotes rail safety in all applicable forums such as road crossing;
- To carry out performance analysis and arrange plans and specifications for all related projects for operating and capital budgets;
- To prepares various reports for Company senior management;
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent
- Minimum of Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Signals, Telecommunications or equivalent
- Experience in rail operations shall be an added advantage
- At least five (5) years’ relevant experience
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the respective stated qualifications and experience should submit their latest detailed curriculum vitae with certified copies of their academic and professional qualifications, clearly stating on top of the envelop the position applied for to:
The Director Human Resource and Administration,
Zambia Railways Ltd,
1st Floor Shitima House,
PO Box 80935,
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will have their applications acknowledged