The Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ) is a statutory membership organisation established under EIZ Act No. 17 of 2010. Its principal activities include the regulation and promotion of the engineering profession in Zambia through the registration of engineering professionals, students, units, firms and to contribute to the material development of society by improving the level of engineering education, training and practice in the country.
The Institution seeks to engage the services of an Assistant Accountant- Expenditure.
- To carry out effectively functions relating to expenditure in order to facilitate Institution of Zambia’s Engineering financial transactions
- To ensure that all the Institution’s expenditure transactiors are updated on a daily basis and supporting documents are filed accordingly
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare payment vouchers for payment facilitation
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislations e.g labour laws and statutory obligations such as Napsa and PAYE
- Participation in the preparation of Management accounts and annual
- financial statements
- Ability to work with both Internal and
- External auditor
- Management of petty cash
- Maintain accurate financial records relating to Accounts payables
- Prepare bank reconciliation statements for the Institutional Accounts to ensure proper accountability
- Disburses all payments to staff and suppliers of goods and services
- Ensure that imprest retirements are properly submitted and accounted for on a weekly basis
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Applicants should possess the following:
- Full Grade 12 certificate;
- Degree in Accountancy / Z ICA
- Licentiate/ACCA part II/CIMA Managerial level or any other equivalent Accounting qualifications;
- Must have at least 2 years relevant experience in the professional body;
- Must be ZICA Licentiate Member (Paid up member);
- Must be Proficient in Pastel Partner version 17 and other Microsoft packages; and
- Must have Experience with Professional Regulatory Institutions.
- Skills and Personal Qualities
The person should:
- Be highly proficient in spoken and written English;
- Be a person of high integrity;
- Have good interpersonal and public relations skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their applications including a cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic certificates and testimonials, names of three referees, telephone contact and email address to:
The Registrar/CEO Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ) CIL 7,
New Brentwood Drive,
Longacres PO Box 51084,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.