John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and providers for the awarded United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/PEPFAR-funded Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) Project in Zambia. The five-year project which is led by JSI in partnership with Abt Associates, mothers2mothers, and the Catholic Medical Mission Board, works to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration in three provinces: Central, Copperbelt, and North-Western. USAID/PEPFAR SAFE works with the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, and district level to increase access to ART for HIV positive adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counseling and Services (NACS) and family planning services, and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations.
Position Type: Full-time
Location: Kabwe, Central Province
Reports: Regional Director
The Clinical Director is a full-time position and the incumbent will be based in Kabwe, Central Province Regional Office. S/he will be responsible for the strategic direction and management of service delivery activities in the region. S/he will ensure the use of the latest evidence-based clinical guidelines and standards as well as conduct regular technical updates for program staff and partners. S/he will report to the Regional Director.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides technical guidance and monitors implementation of HIV, FP and nutrition program activities and clinical treatment in each province of operation
- Serves as clinical advisor to clinicians in SAFE supported facilities in each province by ensuring that all required clinical standards are made available, accessible and adhered to
- Ensures that HIV clinical services are provided in an integrated manner in order to reduce and eliminate stigma and discrimination, thereby encouraging people to test and enroll into treatment
- Develops, adapt, adopt, pilot and spearhead the implementation of applied clinical program components
- Spearhead the formation and sustainability of clinical mentorship teams in ART, FP, VMMC, nutrition and appropriate quality assurance standards and practices in conjunction with the GRZ provincial health office
- Lead efforts with Government of Zambia, civil society, and private sector to improve access to and use of HIV, FP and nutrition clinical services in each province; and
- Helps the provincial health office to identify gaps in clinical service areas and propose possible solutions.
- Medical doctor, Master Degree equivalent preferably in HIV Medicine or public health, is a plus.
- Minimum seven (7) years of senior level experience in design, implementation, and results monitoring of HIV clinical care, treatment and support programs. Experience with PEPFAR programming is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated technical expertise and skills in quality assurance systems and programs.
- Demonstrated clinical experience in care and treatment of people living with HIV, including ART provision and implementing adherence and retention strategies
- Demonstrated experience of building collaborative partnerships around quality clinical care initiatives with various partners, including NGOs, community groups, government, donors, private sector, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of WHO and Zambia’s guidelines for care, treatment, and support programming.
- Exceptional communication skills (including presentations) in written and spoken English required.
How to Apply
Send an application via email to the subject line, please indicate the position you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information.