ActionAid Zambia is part of the ActionAid Global (AAG) Federation Family, sharing common values and aims to drive social change towards a just, equitable and sustainable world. AAZ works with marginalized and excluded women and young people, their organizations and movements to address the structural causes of social injustice, gender inequality and poverty.
ActionAid Zambia has a vacancy for an experienced and suitably qualified individual to fill the position of Training Quality Coordinator.
The holder of the position shall be responsible for high quality, impactful participatory trainings and will focus on: Ensuring the quality of all trainings; Mentoring and coaching the trainers to a high standard; Delivering trainings and production of training manuals; Monitoring, evaluating, analyzing, documenting and sharing all global platform activities and writing training proposals for external customers.
Purpose of the Role:
- Training development and facilitation in the areas of and not limited to advocacy, campaigns, youth leadership, gender, climate change etc.
- Key focal person for developing and conducting trainings with external clients
- Key focal point for overseeing pre and post training systems and processes, ensuring processes are working effectively and are being followed by trainers. This includes but is not limited to – Podio, check-in/ check-out, training calendar, budgetary elements of the trainings, taking stock of the training equipment and room
- Develop and Oversee the successful implementation of the training calendar
- Provide input into the work of the GP community on training principles and methodology
- Establish and maintain a motivated and diverse pool of volunteer trainers and keep an updated database of their information on Podio
- Support trainers develop relevant work plans to achieve full implementation of training calendar
- Establish mechanisms to ensure reflection is happening within the training team before, during and after trainings on content, method and self and encourage co-facilitators to support each other’s development.
- Establish feedback mechanisms that can be adopted by the platform that can ensure a culture of trust and learning.
- Bring global M & E dimensions to local discussions and initiate mechanisms for sharing local information with the Global Platform community.
- Any degree discipline is acceptable for entry into the profession, although a Masters in any Social Sciences will be added advantage
- 3-5 years of experience in the fields of non-formal education, adult education, youth programmes & campaigns in developing countries
- Experience of monitoring and evaluating or capturing learning for projects
- Experience of coordinating complex activities
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills in English are essential
- Demonstrable experience in peer to peer learning
- Strong analytical skills and good political judgment is desirable, participatory training methods and action research
- Experience of youth activism and passionate about youth-led activism
Other Required Competences:
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Ability to write concise, analytical and accurate reports to meet agreed deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English
- Good negotiation/interpersonal skills, able to build rapport with diverse range of people
- Detail focused, time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Integrity and professionalism: personal initiative and ability to take ownership; willingness to accept wide responsibilities and ability to work independently.
- Accountability: mature and responsible; ability to operate in compliance with organizational rules and regulations
- Teamwork and respect for diversity: ability to operate effectively in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender.
- Genuine commitment towards the Human Rights-Based Approach principles which includes solidarity, compassion, reciprocity and self-reliance; and commitment towards the organization’s core values.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae highlighting how you match the criteria in the Job Description to the following email address:
Alternatively, applications can be sent to,
The Human Resources, ActionAid Zambia,
PO Box 51407,
ActionAid is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are encouraged to apply. Please Note: While we value all applications, we can only respond to short listed candidates.