Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc (Zanaco) is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Commercial Division under the Transactional Banking Department at Head Office:-
The primary objective of the role is to increase the banks’ earnings through the sale of Cash Management solutions to both CIB and Commercial Banking Customers. Key deliverables in the role will comprise the acquisition of new client mandates, increasing wallet share of existing relationships and defending the current business flows with clients. To ensure Revenue sustenance, the role holder will work together with Relationship managers to support the establishment of strong, long-term client relationships.
Under the supervision of the Senior Specialist – Cash Management, the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities:-
- Drive the sale of Transactional Banking products relating to payments and Collection solutions.
- Develop profitable product relationships, identify and meet business needs of existing and potential clients.
- Achieve sales performance targets as specified and agreed within the annual KPI’s.
- Complete product call reports summarizing discussions, opportunities and agreed actions related to all client sales calls.
- Evaluate the competitive environment for Cash Management Products and identifying market opportunities.
- Develop strategic roadmap and solutions to increase transactional banking market share.
- Structure compelling solution proposals to demonstrate a thorough understanding of each client’s requirements.
- Monitor progress of all client implementations and provide support to ensure customers’ expectations are met or exceeded.
- Participate in the measurement of profitability of the cash management products.
- Ensure expert understanding of risks and mitigants intrinsic in all Cash Management products sold to clients
External: CIB and Commercial Customers and Alliance partners
Internal: All Divisions.
Qualifications And Experience
- University Degree in relevant discipline
- Diploma in Banking and Finance
- Minimum Experience: 3-10 years relevant experience preferably in a financial environment with exposure to Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB), and Commercial and Agri-business.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, communications, presentation, customer service and proactive selling skills.
- Sound knowledge of cash management products.
- Experience in designing, executing and managing banking strategies and campaigns.
- Exposure to corporate and investment banking customers: global corporate, government and public sector, large corporates, commodity traders and agribusiness.
- Ability to apply creative and innovative solutions and to focus on profitability while meeting the needs of the customer and the bank.
- Familiarity with international best practices and global trends in the sector.
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory issues typical for country banking system.
- Knowledge and analytical skills, ability to understand main aspects of a financial institution’s operations.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
Job Core Competencies:
- Cash Management Industry expertise covering Payments, collections and channels.
- Strong Mathematical skills preferred, including ability to accurately forecast revenue.
- Financial modelling skills preferred.
- Good interpersonal, communication (oral & written) and presentation skills.
- Solid sales and negotiating skills.
- Digital and IT skills preferred with the ability to build or conceptualise digital client solutions.
- Outstanding team working an relationship management skills.
How to Apply
All applications must have an application/cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email below:
Kindly note that you MUST attach copies of Grade 12 and Tertiary qualifications along with the application cover letter and curriculum vitae. Applications sent without these attachments WILL NOTbe considered.
Only shortlisted applicants will be communicated to.
Zanaco provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment (women are encouraged to apply).