Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc (Zanaco) is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Commercial Division under the Marketing & Communications Department at Head Office:-
Responsible for the provision of expert advice and support on Corporate Communications, Corporate Social Responsibility, Corporate Affairs and Event Management activities of the Bank and creating and communicating a favorable image of the Bank to all stakeholders.
Under the supervision of the Head Marketing & Communications, the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities:-
- Lead Management in promoting a good image of the Bank to all its stakeholders who include, customers, members of staff, Senior Management and the Board and the public/other stakeholders.
- Manage and direct the Bank’s internal and external communication through appropriate channels.
- Develop and implement appropriate policies/strategies/guidelines in the area of Communication, Corporate Affairs, Corporate Social Responsibility and Event Management.
- Lead, manage and direct the work of cross cutting activities in the Bank such as placement of quarterly financial statements, AGMs, Investor Forums etc.
- Issue regular press releases on the Bank’s programmes and activities.
- Review and edit Press Releases before they are issued.
- Supervise Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programmes for the Bank.
- Supervise Corporate Affairs Events for the Bank.
- Respond to all press queries in liaison with the Managing Director & CEO and Chief Commercial Officer.
- Serve as a Key Spokesperson and media contact for the Bank in liaison with the CEO and the Chief Commercial Officer.
- Ensure establishment of good media relations through various interactions.
- Perform quality checks on internal and external communications.
- Motivate, inspire and coach members of the team.
- Produce quarterly reports for the Department to feed into the overall Commercial Division report.
- Stakeholder engagement with the Government and other relevant stakeholders
- Develop and manage the Communication Plan and Strategy.
- Develop communication processes, Policies and Procedures and ensure implementation
- Promptly and accurately communicate key messages to defined target audiences internally to establish goodwill and understanding between the Bank and its stakeholders.
- Promptly and accurately communicate key messages to defined target audiences externally to establish goodwill and understanding between the Bank and its stakeholders
- Design and package tailor made communication for the Bank’s stakeholders.
- Monitor press coverage relating to the Bank and its brand and maximize opportunities for positive Public Relations (PR) and playing down any negative PR; liaising on a regular basis with the supervisor and escalating bad publicity for further action and guidance.
- Promote the Bank’s image through using various and appropriate channels; enhance the Bank’s Brand through such interactions with all stakeholders.
- Provide input for website and social media content.
- Manage media relations through deliberate efforts to engage with media personnel.
- Speech writing for the CEO and other Executive Officers.
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned by management
External: Investors, Media outlets/agencies and Government bodies/organizations
Internal: All Divisions.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or relevant subject.
- At least minimum 8 years’ experience in a business corporate affairs/communications department in a large organisation.
- Proven ability to understand business strategy.
- Ability to develop strategic communications to advance the goals and objectives of the organisation.
- Ability to build strong relationships with key constituencies: media, community, shareholders, employees.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills to interact and engage with internal and external customers.
Job Core Competencies
- Stakeholder engagement
- Strategic expertise
- Leadership Skills – managing people
- Strong media ties
- Strong government ties
- Project Management
- Strong industry knowledge
- Attention to detail
- An active contributor & team player
How to Apply
All applications must have an application/cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email below:
Kindly note that you MUST attach copies of Grade 12 and Tertiary qualifications along with the application cover letter and curriculum vitae. Applications sent without these attachments WILL NOTbe considered.
Only shortlisted applicants will be communicated to.
Zanaco provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment (women are encouraged to apply).