Impala is Trafigura’s wholly-owned warehousing and logistics company for metals, minerals, and coal. Impala has around 25 operational locations, and is active in more than 20 countries.
Trafigura is owned by around 600 of its 4,300 employees who work in 66 offices in 38 countries around the world. Trafigura has achieved substantial growth over recent years, growing revenue from USD12 billion in 2003 to USD180.7 billion in 2018. The Group has been connecting its customers to the global economy for more than two decades, growing prosperity by advancing trade.
Plans and performs work that involves ordering, receiving, inspecting, returning, unloading, shelving, packing, labelling, pricing, delivering, and maintaining a perpetual inventory of all articles in the store. Maintaining proper recording keeping and overall control of the store.
- Prepare the annual cycle count plan for all items in the store and present it to procurement management for approval.
- Receive the closure reports of the cycle count from the store personnel.
- Report the results of the monthly count to Management every month.
- Evaluate cycle count closure reports and prepare a Memorandum count policy.
- Report to the Procurement Management the supported necessity to make an inventory adjustment (copy Comptrollership).
- Ensure that materials have the corresponding storage conditions suggested by manufacturers, as indicated in the technical sheet.
- Receive trucks and the cargo corresponding to the purchase orders sent to the suppliers.
- Inspect deliveries for damage or discrepancies; report those to accounting for reimbursements and record keeping
- Process complains to suppliers due to discrepancies in purchase orders.
- Process warranty claims. Keep track on them and keep user informed.
- Manage and control the fuel installation / use inside the warehouse.
- Prepare information for Warehouse Expenses Budget, manage and control Budget.
- Coordinate with accounting personnel the tasks and actions to take for the warehouse end of month.
- Realize small purchases in order to buy locally non relevant articles for the operation.
- Maintain receipts, records, and withdrawals of the stockroom.
- Ensure adequate record keeping and manage all documentation to confirm proper stock levels and maintain inventory control
- Forecast supply and demand to prevent overstocking and running out-of-stock (OOS)
- Place orders to replenish merchandise as needed through the procurement department.
- Track shipments and address any delays
- Coordinate regular inventory audits
- Liaise with warehouse staff and other internal teams to test products’ quality (status upon delivery and storage conditions)
- Ensure purchases do not exceed budget
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Proven work experience as a Stock Controller or Similar role
- Two years of experience in storekeeping, inventory control, and recordkeeping.
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures
- Knowledge of proper bookkeeping and inventory management.
- Analytical mind with the ability to make accurate mathematical computations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license
- Suppliers, Finance Department, internal and external Clients
- Department Overview
- This is a support function to the whole operation
How to Apply
Submit your CV and application on company website: