John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and providers for the awarded United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/PEPFAR-funded Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) Project in Zambia. The five-year project which is led by JSI in partnership with Abt Associates, mothers2mothers, and the Catholic Medical Mission Board, works to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration in three provinces: Central, Copperbelt, and North-Western. USAID/PEPFAR SAFE will work with the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, and district level to increase access to ART for HIV positive adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counselling and Services (NACS) and family planning services, and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations.
The IT Manager will work under the guidance and supervision of the Operations Director. Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following IT support for HQ and 3 Provincial offices including:
Administration and Management:
- Provide direct supervision for the IT Specialists/Officers, including development of individual roles and responsibilities, and conducting annual performance appraisals with supervises.
- Maintain up-to-date inventory of IT equipment and software including maintenance of a backup of all software media and licenses.
- Maintain & monitor a log of backups and ensure that there is appropriate business continuity & information security, including provision of site back-up media at agreed schedules.
- Maintain and monitor the helpdesk system.
- Maintain and implement a schedule for preventative maintenance of all equipment.
- Coordinate with vendors on warranty claims.
- Maintain, track and ensure implementation of service level agreements with vendors.
- Provide timely updates on systems administration and user support activities to the Senior Management.
- Supervise the regular testing of backups and ensure availability of appropriate platform for systems recovery.
- Maintain and monitor internet functionality and usage and liaise with ISPs to ensure restoration of service when there is degradation or downtime.
- Conduct monthly, quarterly and annual requirements assessments and coordinate with the Deputy DFO in scheduling procurements.
- Assist in maintaining, implementation and ensuring compliance with the IT policy and procedures.
- Support installation and roll-out of web and computer-based project systems including SmartCare.
- Maintain a complete network and infrastructure documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Applicants for this position should possess the following
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Electronics, Telecommunications or related field from a recognized University with at least 5 years post qualification work experience and 5 years of experience in implementation of eHealth Systems in Zambia
- Certifications in CISCO / Microsoft /CompTIA A+/CompTIA Network+ / Network & Security Appliances are an added advantage
- Masters degree in the relevant field an added advantage.
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience with traceable references.
- At least 7 years’ experience in IT Systems Administration, Networking and user support
- At least 5 years’ experience in database development and management, SQL knowledge required
- Candidate should demonstrate ability to guide and mentor IT personnel.
- Candidate should be pro-active and able to equitably allocate tasks to team members; monitor and appraise activities on a regular basis.
- S/he should also be able to provide timely updates on progress of tasks to the supervisor, project staff and management.
- Strong client oriented service inclination, project management and exemplary interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English.
- Strong initiative and self-motivation required, with a commitment to teamwork.
- Experience in with setup and administration of data servers including disaster recovery and performance tuning.
- Experience in setting-up cooperate network infrastructure including configuration of routers, wireless access-points, deployment and configuration of centralized antivirus systems.
How to Apply
Send an application via email in the subject line please indicate the position you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information.
Please note that you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
John Snow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D