The Compliance Specialist will work closely with finance and operations staff as well as all project staff and partners, to ensure that project policies and processes are understood and consistently implemented and documented by staff in Lusaka and Provincial offices. The Compliance Specialist will report to the Senior Compliance Specialist .
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure thorough familiarity with JSI manuals and resources;
- Ensure policy and procedure manuals are up-to-date, issued and signed off on by staff (liaising with HR or other counterparts);
- Coordinate roll out of any policy updates or process clarifications in coordination with Senior Compliance Specialist, including fraud prevention, operations, and finance policies;
- Conduct trainings and/or technical assistance for staff in JSI policy, finance and operations, donor rules and regulations;
- Routinely visit provincial offices (Central, Copperbelt, Northwestern) to ensure that policies and procedures are understood and consistently applied and documented;
- Review / spot check files in SAFE offices to ensure project documentation meets JSI and donor requirements;
- Review Regional Offices accounts on monthly basis;
- Submit monthly reports to Senior Compliance Specialist on provinces accounts status, any challenges or problems that may arise on the horizon.
- Prepare a Review Report for all regional offices with content as follows:
- Budget Monitoring Report
- Finance Scorecard
- Quickbooks Reconciliation
- Fund Balance Reconciliation
- Accounting and Financial Concerns that need to be followed up.
- To ensure that adequate financial control measures are implemented in Lusaka and all regional offices for safeguarding inventory and assets.
- Leads process of completing annual file checklist;
- Periodically travel to facilities and clinic sites to assess status of JSI support including spot checks of inventory and documentation;
- Liaise with staff to identify any bottlenecks or process improvements possible within JSI policy
- Participate in training activities for Lusaka or Province staff
- Any other tasks assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree required in Management, Finance, Public Health, International Development, or related field preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant/Chartered Accountant Certificate is an asset.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in financial management and/or operations.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working on USG-funded projects.
- Experience with US Government-funded projects and acquisition rules and regulations.
- Experience with audit firm is an advantage.
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to implement procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and manage various activities in a team setting with minimal supervision.
- Strong time management/task prioritization skills.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Computer literacy required (especially Excel, MSWord and Windows).
How to Apply
Send an application via email in the subject line please indicate the position you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information.
Please note that you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
John Snow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D