Kingspirit Image Room is an outstanding space for creativity. A creative studio and agency for TV production, photography, advertising, branding and design. We deliver professional images for events, brand and product campaigns. We are looking for a
As a film or video editor, you will be responsible for assembling recorded raw material into a finished product that is suitable for broadcasting. The material may include camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects. This is a key role in the post-production process and your skills can determine the quality and delivery of the final product. You will usually work closely with the director to achieve the desired end result.
You may work on a variety of productions, including:
Corporate training videos
Your work as an editor will involve:
- Receiving a brief, and maybe an outline of footage and/or a shot list, script, or screenplay
- Assembling all raw footage, with camera shots either recorded or transferred onto video tape in preparation for inputting into the computer
- Inputting uncut rushes and sound, and synchronising and storing them into files on the computer
- Digitally cutting files to put together the sequence of the film and deciding what’s usable
- Creating a ‘rough cut’ (or assembly edit) of the programme/film and determining the exact cutting for the next and final stages
- Reordering and fine-tuning the content to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the film/video.
- Finalising technical aspects such as correcting faulty footage, grading and colouring and adding special effects.
Additional tasks may include:
- Overseeing the quality and progress of audio and video engineering and editing
- Experimenting with styles and techniques including the design of graphic elements
- Writing voiceover/commentary
- Suggesting or selecting music.
Required Experience & Qualification:
- 2+ years of photography, film or television experience or related field.
- Full grade twelve (12) certificate
- You will need to be proficient in using specific editing software packages, such as After Effects, Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro.
- You will be expected to have pre-entry experience and will need to show evidence of having worked on film or video production or post-production, preferably via an up to date and well-prepared showreel.
- Having experience of the very latest technology may help you stand out from the competition.
- A keen eye for detail and a critical mind
- Creativity and a passionate interest in film and video editing
- Patience and concentration.
- The ability to listen to others and to work well as part of a team.
- A high level of self-motivation, commitment and dedication
- Organisational and time management skills
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Communication skills, both written and oral.
Required Behavioral Competencies:
- Contributes to Team Success – Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Initiates Action – Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive.
- Innovation – Generates innovative solutions in work situations; tries different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
- Manages Work – Effectively manages one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Stress Tolerance – Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity) handles stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Work Standards – Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self imposes standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
How to Apply
If you have what it takes and you enjoy working with other creatives, we can offer you an interesting position in a friendly and result oriented working environment.
Please write an application/cover letter clearly stating why you would be best suited for the vacancy and also send an updated portfolio via email below: