Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometres. The mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations.
Lubambe Copper Mines is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM – Investments Holdings (20%).
The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 1,500 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.3% copper, yielding 45,000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelter in Zambia.
To support this vision, Lubambe Copper Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following position:
- This position reports to the Environmental Manager
Purpose of this position
- Accountable for implementing environmental management strategies to ensure implementation of company’s Environmental Policies.
Key Performance Areas / Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Develop systems that ensure implementation of Company’s Environmental Policies.
- Devising strategies to meet environmental management targets and to encourage best practice.
- Devising appropriate tools and systems to monitor environmental management performance and to implement strategies.
- Assessing, analyzing and collecting environmental performance data and reporting information to internal staff, clients and regulatory bodies.
- Managing contractors that are engaged to provide environmental related services/ products/material.
- Creating awareness to internal staff and management on environmental management issues.
- Providing guidance on required environmental related training to staff.
- Preparing environmental related plans and writing environmental reports.
- keeping up to date with relevant changes in environmental legislation and initiatives.
- Producing educational or information resources for internal staff, clients or the general public.
- Oversee daily activities of Environmental Officers to maintain environmental management system (EMS).
- Ensure that the company’s operations follow environmental regulations.
- Educate employees on environmental programs and policies that relate to their operations/activities.
- Respond to inquiries and concerns related to EMS.
- Review and recommend improvements to existing environmental strategies.
- Investigate environmental incidents and develop corrective action plans.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 school leavers certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Sciences or related field
- Mining, Chemical Engineering qualification can be considered
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Mining environment
- Proven track record of leading a team
- A self-starter and innovative
- Flexibility to adapt to changing work requirements.
- Fluency and excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Stress management skills and time management skills.
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to the email below: Please do not send scanned copies of your educational qualifications at this stage and indicate the job applied for in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.