Responsible for the delivery of the Business Banking strategies for the Agricultural Banking Segment, ensuring that customer value propositions and targets are achieved. Integrating and aligning platforms in country to ensure shared accountability for sustainable business growth and employee/ customer retention.
Drive and manage the profitable delivery of a proactive, value adding sales, solutions and service platform through the Agricultural Banking Team in order to grow and retain high-value business. Leverages and optimizes resources, business and operational risk, and market potential, to maximize business growth, retention and profitability targets.
Additionally a critical part of this individual’s role will be to transfer specific Agricultural Banking skills to the Agricultural Relationship Managers.
- Participate in the development the Business Banking strategy and translate it into a practical application for Agricultural Banking. Including – segment, product, pricing and channel optimization.
- Development and implement of a Small Holder Farmer strategy/capability
Profitable growth in sales and financials:
- Formulate, drive, measure and manage the implementation of a sales performance strategy for Agricultural Banking to grow new business and share of wallet across the portfolios managed: Prepare financial budgets/ forecasts in line with strategic objectives, business/ operational risk, socio-political and economic market forces, implement and control the pricing tactics and parameters in line with pricing policy and financial targets, measure, track and manage sales targets and budgets.
- This includes the identification of new Farming blocks and grow new markets.
- Leverage sales growth tactics and targets in collaboration with business partners in the Area e.g. Business Centre Heads, Regional Managers, Private Banking, Vehicle and Asset Finance; Electronic Banking; etc.
Service and retention:
- Develop strategies and tactics to retain market share by identifying opportunities to add value to existing Agric clients in collaboration with internal business partners.
- Provide a regular 2nd face to top Agric clients, ensuring that the full extent of their relationships with the Bank is understood and managed appropriately.
- Compliance with legislation
- Monitor the complete disclosure to customers in terms of accreditation, service fees and commission.
- Monitor housekeeping to ensure adherence to record keeping requirements.
- Take the lead by framing the Agricultural Banking strategic context and priorities and inspiring people to take action. Explains and embodies the experience that the Agricultural proposition has to offer customers and employees.
- Manage staff to ensure that targets, work and quality standards are set, achieved and maintained.
- Track and manage the performance contribution of staff.
- Identify strengths and development areas and ensuring that support staff receives the requisite learning and skills development interventions.
- Perform a strong coaching role and providing support to the Agric staff.
- Lending and risk management
- Facilitate a sound working partnership between Credit and the Agric Division to stimulate business growth without compromising risk and the quality of lending.
- Conduct regular discussions with Credit Managers to ensure process efficiency and quick turnaround, including managing the Deal Pipeline.
- Arbitrate credit decisions on behalf of all Agric portfolios. This involves facilitating negotiation between Agric Relationship Managers and Credit Division.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Grade Twelve School Certificate
- University Degree in Agriculture, Economics or equivalent
- Masters Degree added advantage
- Work performed is of a specialised nature and several years’ practical experience is necessary to be able to perform effectively.
- Significant experience in preparing and motivating Credit applications is essential for arbitration purposes.
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting, cost control and sales management is essential
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of a diverse range of agricultural business, property valuation, credit and economic principles.
- Clear understanding of the agricultural market, the economic factors which influence it and the needs of the business in this sector.
- Thorough knowledge of legal information pertaining to the agricultural industry.
- Clear understanding of Agriculture Value Proposition and delivery strategy.
- Sound knowledge of budgeting and profitability management processes.
- Broad understanding of the bank’s procedures, credit policy and the application of the Group Reference Guide.
- Knowledge of Managing and applying Local Market (MLM) principles.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and application on company Website: