Bank of Zambia, an equal opportunity employer invites applications from suitably qualified Zambians to apply for the following vacant positions:
GRADE: BOZ 6
The Senior Analyst - ICT role is to plan, coordinate, and supervise all activities related to the design, development, support and implementation of operational and organizational information systems and software applications relating to surveys and monitoring of external capital flows in order to ensure availability of reliable and quality information systems and support services that meet user requirements in the achievement of the department’s objectives.
- Plan and Direct all Operational Systems Support and Development activities and projects to ensure a systematic, sustainable and structured work pattern and delivery of solutions within established plans and schedules that will achieve targeted goals.
- Maintain data survey and balance of payments (BoP) monitoring systems, responding to and resolving system problems in order to ensure systems are continuously available and function properly.
- Undertake development/Conversion/Re-engineering of data survey systems employing higher level languages, enterprise class application development tools, system utilities, and project management tools in order to ensure the provision of relevant and timely solutions.
- Analyzes business problems and operations in depth, considering limitations imposed by current environment, time requirements, software and hardware resources, and desired results in order to develop functional requirements for proposed systems including cost and time estimates for subsequent phases.
- Undertake analysis of current and future information needs and the specification of technological solutions to satisfy those needs in order to deliver solutions consistent with the online survey and BoP monitoring requirements and priorities.
- Establish Business Continuity procedures to ensure that data survey systems still function in the event of a disaster
- Establish/maintain an integrated electronic BoP monitoring system
- Develop and implement online web based survey programs/applications best suited for collecting survey data
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software/applications
- Develop survey data entry software, train data entry operators and supervises data entry
- Develop survey data edits and checks, produce tables and charts for the reports and other related documents and graphics
- Upload, Interlink and Maintain databases of past surveys for historical trend analysis and perform data backup; and
- Work with the survey units to develop questionnaires for surveys, and appropriate internal checks to maintain data quality.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or Engineering.
- Five (5) years of computer programming experience utilizing higher level languages including three (3) years at the Programmer Analyst level or equivalent.
- Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ Levels
Key Knowledge and Attributes
- Knowledge and experience with data surveys
- Knowledge and experience with statistical software
- Demonstrated knowledge of web technologies
- Design, develop and manage software, databases, spreadsheets and other data tools
- Ability to plan, create, program and manage complex statistical computer databases
- Strong communication (spoken, written and presentation) skills, including ability to present and defend difficult positions to senior officials
- Ability to apply a range of standard statistical techniques in support of research studies
- Demonstrated ability to assess complex user information requirements and develop systems and applications to address business needs
- Ability to respond to client inquiries and requests for support in a timely and effective manner
- Ability to effectively develop section work program, direct others in the execution of the total program and ensure timely delivery of results
- Knowledge of structured and object oriented systems methodologies
- Proven record of building and managing teams and creating an enabling work environment, including ability to effectively lead and supervise and support creativity and initiative;
- Out of Box Thinking - Looks for, and proposes, a variety of opportunities and solutions for a unique and innovative approach
- Results oriented - Demonstrates the ability to set and manage to achieve goals; and
- Proven ability to execute a project from initiation to completion through the entire project life cycle
Conditions of Service
Bank of Zambia Conditions of Service will apply.
Please note that all the positions are on Fixed Term Contract of Employment for three (3) years and renewable subject to good performance.
Only candidates who meet the above role specifications should apply enclosing their detailed curriculum vitae and certified photocopies of certificates to the undersigned: For more information, visit: Women are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Director – Human Resources,
Bank of Zambia,
PO BOX 30080,