Bank of Zambia, an equal opportunity employer invites applications from suitably qualified Zambians to apply for the following vacant positions:
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
Review, develop and implement policies relating to employee relations and conditions of service and manage employee relationships, wellness programmes, Human Resources transactions and operations that support the Banks HR Strategy, Policies and practices. Effective Management of HR Transactional operations including the HRIS and supporting systems/processes.
- Effective management of human resources transaction and operations including the human resources information system supporting process.
- Develop and Review Staff Relations policies and procedures to guide management of Industrial Relations.
- Guides management and staff in the application of policies and procedures which have a bearing on employer-employee relations.
- Investigates disciplinary cases using appropriate means to verify allegations and establish evidence where appropriate.
- Ensure the Bank maintains competitive remuneration by ensuring annual salary survey.
- Collect, collate and analyse remuneration related information through benchmarking and salary surveys in order to provide information for management decision making.
- Compile monthly/quarterly and annual management and board reports to facilitate decision making and inform management on the activities of the Department.
- Proactive consequence management including disciplinary enquires etc.
- Monitor and assess staff relations climate in the Bank through discussions with the members of staff, reports and other stakeholders to facilitate management’s industrial climate.
- Coordinate the collective bargaining process and conflict resolutions.
- Administer Separation procedures relating to dismissal, redundancy, resignation, Voluntary Separation Scheme to protect the Bank’s interest.
- Manage HRIS and provide MIS for management information and to facilitate decision-making.
- Page 4 of 6
- Analyse human resources key risk indicators such as turnover, absenteeism, mortality, poor performance and tailor solution thereto.
- Review of Remuneration and benefits in line with the Compensation policy and educate staff on the Conditions of Service and Human Resources Policies.
- Responsible for Human Resource Business Continuity Plans.
- Monitor Human Resources compliance and risk management.
- Co-ordinate the budget process and cost management.
Qualifications and Experience
- MSc/MA/MBA in Human Resources Management/ Social Sciences or equivalent plus valid practicing license with Five (5) years’ relevant experience.
- Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ Levels (Credit or better)
Key Knowledge and Attributes
- Knowledge and interpretation of existing labour and related laws
- Knowledge of remuneration practices
- Negotiation skills
- Communication and presentation skills
- Analytical thinking skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Networking skills
- Leadership skills
Conditions of Service
Bank of Zambia Conditions of Service will apply.
Please note that all the positions are on Fixed Term Contract of Employment for three (3) years and renewable subject to good performance.
Only candidates who meet the above role specifications should apply enclosing their detailed curriculum vitae and certified photocopies of certificates to the undersigned: For more information, visit: Women are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Director – Human Resources,
Bank of Zambia,
PO BOX 30080,