Bank of Zambia, an equal opportunity employer invites applications from suitably qualified Zambians to apply for the following vacant positions:
To carry out all Human Resource Management functions associated with Workforce Planning, Recruitment, Talent and Succession Management, Disciplinary and Grievance handling, Staff Benefits, Learning and Development, Management of Employee transfers, writing and moderating role profiles and implement best Human Resources Practices in order to attract, develop and retain the best employees for achievement of the Banks Mission.
- Maintain and enhance the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Manage activities required to deliver employee lifecycle products and services such as employee resourcing, employee development, employee relations and separations; Page 5 of 6
- Develop and Implement the workforce plans to ensure that the Bank is adequately resourced at all times
- Ensure effective and timely contract management in line with the Bank’s policy
- Plan and conduct new employee induction to foster a positive attitude and ensure the employee becomes an effectively integrated into the Bank
- Manage all separations by ensuring that exit interviews are conducted in a timely manner and feedback provided to Management
- Initiate correspondence and other documentation relating to staff appointments, training, staff appraisal and insurance (GLA) to ensure compliance with HR policies and procedures
- Coordinate and monitor maintenance of the Human Resources database and the confidential registry to promote and maintain good record keeping
- Collect and analyse employee data and maintaining accurate and complete employee records.
- Provide human resources expertise on projects.
- Initiate HR Policy Development, compile Human Resources Reports and analyse the trends for Management decision making.
- Ensure that all correspondence relating to references, confirmations, transfers, new appointments are dealt with within agreed timeframes to provide quality service to employees and other stakeholders.
- Facilitate and advise line management on disciplinary actions, employment arrangements and industrial relations.
- Perform employee advocate functions such as responding to questions pertaining to benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, retirement plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc/BA/BBA in Human Resources Management/ Social Sciences or equivalent plus valid practicing license with three (3) years relevant experience
- Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ Levels (Credit or better)
Key Knowledge and Attributes
- Good understanding of human resources management in general
- In-depth knowledge of performance management and the talent management cycle
- Good understanding of the talent management cycle
- Knowledge of Labour laws and Legislation
- Human resource research and consultancy skills
- Excellent Communication skills
- Good Analytical skills
- Interpersonal and presentation skills
- Networking skills
- Broad Understanding of Central Banking.
Conditions of Service
Bank of Zambia Conditions of Service will apply.
Please note that all the positions are on Fixed Term Contract of Employment for three (3) years and renewable subject to good performance.
Only candidates who meet the above role specifications should apply enclosing their detailed curriculum vitae and certified photocopies of certificates to the undersigned: For more information, visit: Women are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Director – Human Resources,
Bank of Zambia,
PO BOX 30080,