Do you like to deliver a Wow Factor or a sparkling kitchen?
If you say Yes I Can! Here at the Radisson Blu Hotel, we’re looking for unique people just like you!At Radisson Blu Hotel, we are one team and make memorable moments for our guests.
Are you hands on? People focused & reliable? You need to be, because you will be supervising our hygiene heroes, the captain of the stewarding department!
Key Responsibilities of Chief Steward:
- Insures the maintenance of a clean, sanitary kitchen by supervising utility staff, and to actively work in Stewarding
- Assigns utility stewards to their stations, and assigns any special cleaning
- Follows up on assignments, and makes sure tasks are completed in a quality manner
- Issues cleaning supplies to stewards, checks the usage, and makes adjustments when necessary
- Provides assistance to all stewards as required, and fills in at their stations when needed
- Insures kitchen floors and walk-in coolers and fridges are clean by inspecting the work of stewards
- Monitors employee cafeteria, and provides assistance to kitchen staff during set-up and cleaning
- Monitors dishwashers and pot room areas and makes corrections, and gives a helping hand when needed
- Plans for accurate supply, and puts together all relevant china, glass, silverware, and other needs for the conference and banqueting function
- Takes inventory of existing china, glassware, etc. and reports to the Executive Chef
- Insures that the proper amount of dishes have been set up
- Monitors the breaking down and washing of all dishes and silverware from conference and banqueting
- Follows proper safety, hygiene, and sanitation practices
Requirements of Chief Steward:
- Diploma in General Hospitality
- Knowledge Hygiene and Safety Standards Certified training
- A proven track record in a similar role within a quality environment and to be able to demonstrate excellent standards and team member supervision
- A positive approach, excellent organisational skills, and a passion for producing high quality customer care.
- Driven and ambitious to inspire the team to consistently deliver and exceed service standards
- Clear thinker with excellent communication abilities
- If you are a clean freak and want to make every plate matter for our guests, then this is the job for you! Come join us and Make Every Moment Matter! less.
Salary: To Be discussed
Schedule: Full Time
Experience: Minimum 3 years of experience
Location: T4, Lusaka, Zambia
Expiry date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019
How to Apply
Submit your CV and application on company website: