Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometres. The mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations.
Lubambe Copper Mines is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM – Investments Holdings (20%).
The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 1,500 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.3% copper, yielding 45,000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelter in Zambia.
To support this vision, Lubambe Copper Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following position:
- This position reports to the Human Resources Manager
Purpose of this position
- The primary purpose of this role is to provide effective, accurate and timely Human Resources and workplace relations advice to management and employees across the organization.
Key Performance Areas / Indicators (KPA/Is):
- The Superintendent Employee Relations will articulate industrial relations issues proactively and communicate with staff and union representatives effectively to promote sound and effective relations in order to foster an atmosphere conducive for productivity. Also anticipate factual industrial relations problems and highlight such problems to management.
- Interpret labor laws and conditions of service to line management, employees and their Union representatives, and to ensure adherence implementation to the agreed existing collective agreements as amended from time to time.
- Handling workplace concerns, investigating, resolving and processing, where applicable, employee grievances in line with the organization’s procedures at senior staff level.
- At senior staff level to conduct disciplinary case Investigations, guide Line officials and erring employees in accordance with the organization disciplinary code and attending to disciplinary hearings.
- Also, counsel employees in order to change unwanted behavior.
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual industrial relations reports as required by management
- Effective and efficient administration of periodic reporting systems and Ensure that manpower services and information systems are put in place for effective use in accordance with customer requirements.
- Effectively monitors and manage the relation between individuals and help in strengthening the bond among the employees and to ensure that each one is contented and enjoys a healthy relation with each other.
- Establish training needs of subordinates.
Academic Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management/Industrial Psychology or equivalent.
- In depth knowledge of Zambian Labor Laws
- Possess and maintain a clean and valid driver’s license
- Member of the ZIHRM.
- A minimum of 5 years practical experience ideally in a labor intensive, unionized environment, of which at least 3 years must be at senior management level.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written) with employees, employees’ representatives and upper management.
- Ability to organize and manage union’s relations.
- Ability to contribute to other functional strategies from a people perspective.
- Manpower planning in support of the growth of mine.
- Understanding of labor costing models in relation with payroll inputs.
- Knowledge and experience of succession planning, leadership development.
- Good working understanding of the Zambian legislation applicable to the HR discipline and mining industry in general.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- HR policies and Practices.
- People management.
- Computer literacy and good report writing skills.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Cultural sensitivity and strong ethical values.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and understand impacts of decisions
- Ability to mitigate personnel issues and problems
- Proactiveness and good problem-solving techniques.
- Team orientation and ability to build strong relationships.
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to the email below: Please do not send scanned copies of your educational qualifications at this stage and clearly indicate the job applied for in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.