Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometres. The mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations.
Lubambe Copper Mines is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM – Investments Holdings (20%).
The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 1,500 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.3% copper, yielding 45,000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelter in Zambia.
To support this vision, Lubambe Copper Mine seeks to employ experienced andualified individuals in the following position:
- This position reports to the Manager Human Resources.
Core Purpose of The Position
- To work hand in hand with Manager Human Resources concerning training activities and supervise training officers to improve training of employees from production safely, risk quality, environmental management and compliances strategies and practices are developed, monitored and evaluated throughout the company.
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Reports daily to Manager HR on technical matters concerning training and safety.
- Preparing annual training calendar for all trainings until the end of the financial year.
- Ensures that all trainings conducted meet the required standards.
- Identifies training needs and liaises with respective line management to close the gaps for various groups.
- Researches and advices management on trainings required (Training Need Analysis).
- Development of staff and training programs to continue availability of qualified members of staff.
- Co-ordinate programs of vacation students coming from various institutions.
- Develop an accurate database and form–up a standard training matrix which captures all employees and be able to develop it.
- Induction and placement of newly recruited employees to various sections of the mining industry.
- Evaluate Training compliance management reports and performance to develop strategies for ensuing continual improvements in achieving compliance with policies, standards and regulations.
- Ensure/reinforce compliance to Audit/Incident findings through monitoring and tracking of recommended actions implementation.
- Producing materials needed for training
- Working with training providers to develop suitable content for the courses
- Supervise, train and develop direct reports; promote and conduct education and training programs in the company to support the implementation of the safety, risk management and compliance management policies and objectives.
- Facilitate annual review and evaluation of the risk management process to ensure it remains adequate and effective.
- General support, monitoring and reporting of company wide Human Resource Key Performance Indicators.
- Conduct regular reviews and audits of the training policies, programs, and procedures and recommend remedial measures to ensure they remain valid and appropriate to Lubambe Training operations.
- Ensure compliance with TEVETA’s training regulations under the development agreement.
- Carry out training audits and recommend improvements.
- Assist in monthly, quarterly and annual budgeting and forecasting to control costs.
Academic qualifications and experience
- BSc/BA in Business, Human Resources Degree, Psychology or a related field
- Grade 12 O level full Certificate
- Diploma or Degree in any Engineering field will be an added advantage.
- Certification in Trainer of Trainers / Teaching Methodology a must
- Must have a minimum of 5- 8 years’ demonstrated experience in the Mining industry.
- A self-starter and able to work under minimum supervision.
- Good leadership skills, team and result oriented individual.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Innovative thinking and pro-activeness by having an insight and well-reasoned action steps accompanying all reports to management.
- Ability to produce quick turnaround on urgent requests and ability to create capacity to handle multiple work items.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages e.g. Excel, word etc. a must.
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to the email below: Please do not send scanned copies of your educational qualifications at this stage and clearly indicate the job applied for in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.