ZAMBART is a research-focused non-governmental organisation that conducts research on HIV and Tuberculosis to help control and mitigate the impact of the dual epidemic. ZAMBART staff form an interdisciplinary team with a range of expertise including epidemiology, clinical science, social science, laboratory, operations research, health systems and services research, health policy analysis, health economics, health communication research compliance and counselling.
To support our wide range of research activities, we are looking for candidates to fill the following position:
Position summary: Grants administration is a key function of project management and execution for studies/ projects being implemented by Zambart. The Grants Administrator will provide administrative and financial advice and support to project staff during grant writing and implementation of ongoing grants/ studies.
1. Administrative Support
- Support project staff in budget preparation and review proposed budgets in line with donor regulations.
- Communicate to project staff the rules and regulations for approving grants and the associated responsibilities.
- Prepare financial progress reports working in consultation with the finance department.
- Support study managers to prepare activity progress reports as required by the funder.
- Track expenditures of projects.
- Advise responsible project staff on new or updated policies and procedures and ensure they are taken into consideration when designing and implementing projects
2. Grant Identification and Application
- Perform grant related searches and identify potential grant sources.
- Ensure that all applications are in accordance with the operational and financial requirements of the funder and are supported by relevant documentation.
- Ensure that systems and internal controls are in place to effectively manage, monitor, and report on grants.
- Supervise/monitor ongoing grants to ensure reporting is facilitated on time and funds are used accordingly in line with work plans.
- Review grant closeout functions as required by a specific grants and communicate with respective project staff
- Maintain an up to date database of available grant opportunities.
- An undergraduate degree with a concentration in business, management or finance, with 5 years’ experiencing managing grants
- A successful track record in managing research projects and report writing
- Experience in working with research partners
- Experience in development of budgets and evaluation plans
- Knowledge of rules and regulations relating to research grant and/or contract activity
- Good organizational skills – effective and efficient
- Good coordinating skills.
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple projects.
- Strong communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Information research skills.
- Knowledge of grant funding policies and procedures
- Ability to analyze and monitor budgets for compliance with budget guidelines.
- Proposal and grant writing skills.
How to Apply
Only applicants who meet the criteria for the above position should submit their application letter and CV to The Human Resources Manager,
Zambart Head Office,
PO Box 50697,
or email the cover and CV only (without certificates) stating in the reference the position you are applying for:
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.