Zambia Centre for Communication Programmes (ZCCP) is a not-for-profit, locally based multi-media communications organization, which uses the power of the mass media (radio, TV and print) and social mobilisation to reach the Zambian population and to affect social and behaviour change. The organization uses a rigorous formative research process to generate appropriate edutainment content relevant to health and development priorities in Zambia.
At community level we work with girls, boys, women, men, persons with disabilities, key and priority populations. At policy level we work with National Assembly of Zambia, House of Chiefs and other Traditional Leaders, Religious Leaders and various government ministries and National AIDS Council.
ZCCP is a Principle Recipient implementing the USAID Stop GBV Project in selected priority area of Zambia. ZCCP is also implementing the ZCHPP and CHIV projects as a Sub-grantee of PACT.
ZCCP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate anyone on the basis of race, disability, sex, religion, among others. Females are especially encouraged to apply for these positions and seeks to recruit suitably qualified and experienced personnel as advertised below:
Station – National Office (Lusaka)
Reporting lines: Chief of Party
- The monitoring and Evaluation Manager, under the guidance of the Deputy Chief of Party, will provide overall supervision for high quality monitoring, evaluation and learning activities of the organization, ensuring that the project maintains its strategic focus and that its activities result in the achievement of its intended outputs, outcome and impact, in a cost effective and timely manner.
The M&E Manager provide supervision to National Office and Regional MEL officers to ensure achievement of the following:
- Supervising evidence collection, contributing to designing and implementing the MEL activities of the USAID Stop-GBV Project; preparing Quarterly/semi-annual/Annual reports on project progress and monitor the project activities on a regular basis to meet reporting deadlines; supervise the development and maintenance of the management information system (MIS) of the USAID Stop-GBV Project; and supervise the collection & analysis of different data in relation to the project activities.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and evaluating initiatives, programs and projects, both new and established, providing accountability and ensuring efficiency and success from start to finish
- Establishing, modifying and monitoring Key Performance Indicators to report and record physical progress for specific programs and projects of ZCCP
- Oversee regular project progress reports and collaborate with the Deputy Chief of Party to prepare monthly, quarterly and final narrative and financial donors’ reports
- Lead in creating a framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of project activities
- Define and implement suitable Key Performance Indicators (KPI) as well as monitor them throughout the duration of the projects
- Manage and lead a team of M&E officers defining their responsibilities in order to support programmatic activities of ZCCP and ensure agreed deliverables are met
- Keep abreast with innovations and developments in data management and analysis and suggest ways to facilitate data collection and the flow of data within Program field teams
- Perform field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by Programs and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
- Analyse changes and patterns in KPI indicator data and performance reports in order to make recommendations to Program staff.
- Implement and participate in program and project progress evaluation, survey and program follow up in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase program performances and results.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- Full Grade twelve 12 Certificate;
- Minimum of a Post Graduate University Master’s degree in social sciences: Economics/Business Administration, Social Work, Statistics, Demography/Population studies, project management or related field;
- A minimum of Five years of work experience in the design and implementation of MEL/MIS in development projects;
- Knowledge and Experience at management level in USAID Funded Program management;
- Performance and Self-driven attitude a must.
Method of application
If interested in the advertised positions, send your recently updated CV together with a cover letter, and two samples of your best work in form of written reports to the email address below: Recruiting Consultant KSM Management Consultants before ZCCP is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EoE), however; qualified women are encouraged to apply. Kindly take Note: While we value all applications, we can only respond to short listed and successful candidates.