Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. Our Vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. In Zambia, Save the Children works in the following Thematic areas: Education, Health& Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights Governance and Child Poverty; including Humanitarian response. Save the Children wishes to invite qualified individuals to apply for the following new position:
Duty Station: Lusaka Office
The incumbent is responsible for Fleet Management, driving staff, Stores Management for programme supplies as well as support in procurement functions. He/she will report to the Procurement officer.
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Ensure Day-to-day management of the fleet assigned to the country office and area of operation
- Responsible for preparation of fleet comprehensive report for Lusaka Office
- Ensure that vehicle utilization is monitored accordingly and vehicle log books are updated
- Ensure that service and maintenance schedules are in place
- Ensure that vehicles are in road worthy conditions and have all mandatory requirements such as Road Tax and Fitness.
- Manage fuel and maintenance contracts as needed.
- Collate transport requests and complete weekly movement plan.
- Ensure rental vehicles are fit for purpose and that hired drivers have an acceptable level of skills and are briefed on Save the Children policies and code of conduct.
- To drive office staff and any other visitors as assigned.
- Ensure that the fuel account is efficiently managed by maintaining soft copy record, timely reconciliations with the filing stations on a bi-monthly basis, timely effecting of payments to the filing station and recharge to the different awards.
- Responsible for routine vehicle maintenance inspection checks (cleanliness and other check).
2. Stores Management of programme supplies:
- Support the Lusaka office in capturing of the programe supplies on the Total Inventory Management System
- Supporting creation of the Stock Release Forms and confirmations once supplies have been distributed to the beneficiaries.
3. Support in Procurement:
- Support in acquisition of small value quotations and preparation of the competitive bid analysis forms.
- Support in preparation of the Local Purchase Orders
- Updating and sharing the procurement Tracker
- Assisting in the preparation of payment vouchers and submitting them to finance for payment processing.
- Assisting in transferring suppliers Data on the new supplier Data base in readiness for mandatory vetting of all new and old supplier exercise which was underway by that time in all Save the Children Country offices
- Any other Duties assigned by the superiors
- The post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Logistics & Transport or related fields
- Grade 12 certificate
- Valid clean driver’s license – Class C
- 3 years working experience in a reputable organization
- Member of Zambia Institute of Logistics & Transport
- Must be able to prioritise work
- Level 2 – The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have minimal contact with or access to children or young people.
How to Apply
Please send only your application letter clearly stating the position in the subject line with a detailed CV indicating 3 traceable referees, one of whom should have been direct supervisor, through email to: The Human Resource & Administration Manager at. Please do not attach copies of your certificates
Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Save the Children reserves the right to re advertise if suitable applicants are not found.