The Mission of the Lusaka Water and Sewerage Company Limited is to provide quality water and sanitation services to customers in Lusaka Province at commercially and environmentally sustainable levels. In order to achieve this, the Company endeavours to ensure that adequate staff with the right skills are available as required. LWSC now seeks to recruit dynamic and energetic individuals who are performance driven, and invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced Zambians to fill the following vacant position:
Plant Operator – Faecal Sludge Management Dispoal Site (x4)
- To operate and maintain Faecal Sludge Management Disposal Site according to laid down Procedures, ules and Instructions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates and maintains Faecal Sludge Treatment Plants according to laid down proced ures, schedules and instructions.
- Documents treatment acti vities carried out such as measuring the flows, source of sludge and type according to schedule and document.
- Using screens and grit removers and in accordance with operating procedures, removes sand and floating solids from the waste water.
- According to operating procedures, sediments and floats the sludge and transfers it to dry beds for safe disposal.
- Monitors day-to-day treatment and maintena nce processes of the Faecal
- Sludge Treatment Plant and checks waste manifests received and entering the data into the database.
Reports on volumes and quality of bio-solids dislodged at the Faecal Sludge. Treatment Plant.
Qualifications and Experience:
- School Certificate
- Craft Certificate in Water Operation
- Two years’ experience in similar position
- Other Attributes for all Positions:
- Should be a self-starter and able to work long hours with minimum supervision
- Must have demonstrable communication skills with an aptitude to interpret data
- Must have computer literacy in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
- Must be a team player with multitasking skills
- Lusaka Water and Sewerage Company values the provision of equal employment opportunities. Therefore, women, men and persons with disability are all enco uraged to apply.
How to Apply
All applications together with photocopies of certificates, and a detailed Curriculum Vitae should reach the Director Human Resources and Administration:
Lusaka Water and Sewerage Company Ltd,
Plot No. 871 Road, Rhodes Park,
Post Office Box 50198,