Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is a nationally registered NGO working with development projects in the fields of education, health, agriculture and other poverty alleviation programmes. Projects are carried out in all the provinces of Zambia reaching over 1 million people. Key funding partners include the Government of Zambia, national and international development organisations (USAID, EU, Global Fund, WFP and more) as well as private sector organisations.
DAPP in Zambia is seeking qualified and experienced individuals to fill the positions below under the Integrated Nutrition and Smallholder Farmers’ Support Program which will operate in Nyimba, Petauke, Katete and Lundazi districts of Eastern Province, and Monze and Namwala districts of Southern Province.
Essential job functions include:
- Acts as primary interlocutor for the project’s field financial services (savings, insurance and credit activities) related matters at the DAPP Field office and as project’s financial services focal point at community level
- Supports the Project Manager in the implementation and monitoring of the Integrated Nutrition and Smallholder Farmers’ Support Program, and provides input to the design working groups, annual implementation plans and project budgets, etc.
- Mobilises Farmers Clubs for financial services (savings, insurance and credit activities)
- Supports the insurance provider in building up and managing loan and insurance portfolio
- Supports and spearheads identification of prospective Agro loan clients to work with the project
- Conducts assessments, credit and risk analyses in the field
- Ensures that progress is made in the achievement of project objectives
- Conducts field visits to view project outputs and beneficiaries and to participate in other supervision and monitoring activities
- Supports the project team and partners field visits (logistics arrangements, community mobilization, and others as requested)
- Works in close collaboration with the project’s Nutrition Officer and Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in undertaking activities
- Diploma with experience in one or more of the following: – insurance, rural banking, and general agribusiness or related fields. A degree is an added advantage.
- At least three (3) years of professional experience with an NGO.
- Demonstrated and proven extension services skills
- Excellent communication and human relations skills.
How to Apply
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CVs) and minimum 3 referees must be received: The cover letter and CV must be one document, and the applicant’s name must be the document title.
Indicate the job title as the subject of your email.
Please indicate your current or last salary and benefits in the cover letter.
Do not attach certificates and other documentation at this stage.
Please submit applications to these emails:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.