Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is a nationally registered NGO working with development projects in the fields of education, health, agriculture and other poverty alleviation programmes. Projects are carried out in all the provinces of Zambia reaching over 1 million people. Key funding partners include the Government of Zambia, national and international development organisations (USAID, EU, Global Fund, WFP and more) as well as private sector organisations.
DAPP in Zambia is seeking qualified and experienced individuals to fill the positions below under the Integrated Nutrition and Smallholder Farmers’ Support Program which will operate in Nyimba, Petauke, Katete and Lundazi districts of Eastern Province, and Monze and Namwala districts of Southern Province.
Essential job functions include:
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensures relevance and evidence base of all aspects of program design, and engages in dialogue with Project Manager and technical leads to continually strengthen program impact.
- Develops Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP) and oversees its implementation and periodic revision.
- Develops Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) instrumentation tools for the project as needed (including monitoring data collection forms for program and grantee staff).
- Ensures high quality data through the implementation of regular Data Quality Assessments (DQAs).
- Supports and supervises collection and analysis of data for project M&E in accordance with timeframes set in the PMP.
- Updates and implements M&E framework for integrated delivery of program objectives.
- Assists the Project Manager to analyse results achieved compared with objectives expected and identifies the appropriate means and methods required at the program level.
- Ensures reliance on evidence produced from sector-specific monitoring tools based on relevant indicators to make key decisions.
- Develops an evaluation plan for the program and maintains a program monitoring data base.
- Leads efforts, designs tools and training sessions to develop an inquisitive learning culture within the project team and partners to feed innovations into program decision-making.
- Applies and promotes the use of participatory documentation techniques that involve program participants and staff in the process.
- Develops and implements robust accountability systems to ensure activities respond to beneficiary needs and that the results obtained are in line with the pre-established indicators and targets.
- Provides information and support in the development of the work plan, quarterly reports and annual reports
Reporting and Learning
- Manages all M&E activities and reporting for the program. Collects and reports on indicators required by DAPP and the donor.
- Supports the documentation of best practices and facilitates the use of such data to drive program design and decision making
- Produces information to share lessons learned and for advocacy purposes.
- Provides technical assistance to build or strengthen partner and stakeholder capacity for data management and M&E.
- Ensures that all program results are included in the PMP and other program documents.
- Minimum of a first degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Demography, Development studies, Education, Public Policy/Administration or related field
- At least 3 years professional experience in monitoring, evaluation and research of agriculture/nutrition/food security programs, with a preference for experience in nutrition
- Demonstrated experience in assessing and improving data quality through conducting short surveys and follow ups to target groups
- Familiarity with community based information systems and electronic platforms for data capture and management, and the strengths and challenges of these
- Demonstrated skills in capacity building through technical assistance and coaching both face-to-face and at a distance.
- Experience in preparation of field trip reports and donor project progress reports (quarterly and annual)
- Ability to bring together colleagues and external stakeholders diplomatically and effectively
How to Apply
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CVs) and minimum 3 referees must be received: The cover letter and CV must be one document, and the applicant’s name must be the document title.
Indicate the job title as the subject of your email.
Please indicate your current or last salary and benefits in the cover letter.
Do not attach certificates and other documentation at this stage.
Please submit applications to these emails:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.