Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is a nationally registered NGO working with development projects in the fields of education, health, agriculture and other poverty alleviation programmes. Projects are carried out in all the provinces of Zambia reaching over 1 million people. Key funding partners include the Government of Zambia, national and international development organisations (USAID, EU, Global Fund, WFP and more) as well as private sector organisations.
DAPP in Zambia is seeking qualified and experienced individuals to fill the positions below under the Integrated Nutrition and Smallholder Farmers’ Support Program which will operate in Nyimba, Petauke, Katete and Lundazi districts of Eastern Province, and Monze and Namwala districts of Southern Province.
Essential job functions include:
Review and ensure prompt retirement of receipts and make available invoices upon payment. This includes:
- The review and posting of invoices as per the Invoice Master Plan which is maintained by the Chief Finance Manager
- ensuring that any funds that have been received from the partner are receipted
- Alert the Project Manager and Finance Manager challenges from, or with the Project finance processes
- Ensure that all relevant information entered or correspondence with the donor partner is maintained on a respective file for the respective donor
- Ensure that monthly reports are reviewed for data quality, and work directly and promptly with the Project Leader or District Coordinator to correct any inaccuracies.
- This includes the enforcing of the submission of necessary information by the Project Leader/District Coordinator; highlighting the project’s opportunities for improvement and assisting in the Budget correction process
- Analyse and balance/creditors balances on the Trial Balance and make sure it is signed out by the respective Accounts official in the Project to whom the amount is owed to
- Provide training and support to the Accounts Clerks in the Project as needed, in conformity with DAPP standards
- Assist the Finance Manager and Project Manager in collecting outstanding accounts receivables in the Project
- Assist the Project Manager with monthly/quarterly forecasts and annual budget analysis
- Prepare monthly status report on the Project and notify the project leadership and the Finance Manager when spending of obligated funds has exceeded the permitted threshold (%) of the budget amount
- Prepare adhoc reports as requested by the Project Manager or the Finance and Administration group
- Prepare monthly financial statements for the Project, approved by the Project Manager and submit it to the Finance Manager for final verification and ensure that a final copy is returned in time
- Process and review receipts and travel expense reports related to the Project
- Ensure that Time Sheets are done and an invoice prepared for the time spent on the Project
- Work on other Projects as assigned in order to broaden scope and appreciation of what and how other projects are undertaken
- Provide year-end support of external auditors requirements, which may include vouching and reconcilement
- Generate monthly check-runs on payroll
- Prepare and enter journal entries. This includes processing job cost payroll journals and general ledger entries
- Analyse and reconcile deferred liabilities with the Finance Manager and Human Resource office
- Maintain appropriate records on employee receivable balances and ensure appropriate payroll deductions for employee social security contributions, taxes, etc. are remitted
- Ensure that all employees paid through the Payroll have identification numbers
- Research, understand and utilize the prevailing statutory wage rules and income tax bands
- Maintain an updated Work Sheet for employees leave days which should be harmonized with files maintained by the HR department
- Prepare, print and distribute payslips and other requested customized payroll reports for audits and other relevant tasks
- Respond to employees unemployment claims/terminal benefits from the state and related documentation in consultation with the HR Manager
- Perform monthly reconciliations of some salary general ledger accounts
- Be sensitive to payroll deadlines and ensure timely payroll submissions every cycle
- Ensure that all DAPP employees are paid through the payroll
- Diploma in Accountancy, Intermediate Level of CA, or equivalent
- Knowledge of Pastel Accounting, or similar financial accounting package
- Membership of the Zambia Institute of Certified Accountants (ZICA)
- Two years post qualification experience
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office applications
- Communication skills, analytical, facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability and willingness to work extra hours
- Have integrity
How to Apply
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CVs) and minimum 3 referees must be received: The cover letter and CV must be one document, and the applicant’s name must be the document title.
Indicate the job title as the subject of your email.
Please indicate your current or last salary and benefits in the cover letter.
Do not attach certificates and other documentation at this stage.
Please submit applications to these emails:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.