Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is a nationally registered NGO working with development projects in the fields of education, health, agriculture and other poverty alleviation programmes. Projects are carried out in all the provinces of Zambia reaching over 1 million people. Key funding partners include the Government of Zambia, national and international development organisations (USAID, EU, Global Fund, WFP and more) as well as private sector organisations.
DAPP in Zambia is seeking qualified and experienced individuals to fill the positions below under the Integrated Nutrition and Smallholder Farmers’ Support Program which will operate in Nyimba, Petauke, Katete and Lundazi districts of Eastern Province, and Monze and Namwala districts of Southern Province.
Essential Job Functions include:
- Manages all operations related to the program according to the work plan, program document and implementation strategy.
- Troubleshoots, as needed, to prevent disruptions in daily program activities.
- Provides overall supervision for the implementation of all program activities ensuring the program goals are met in terms of timeliness, quantity and quality.
- Works with the team to ensure that activities and results are monitored and evaluated in regard to effectiveness, efficiency and impact of the program’s components, and makes appropriate recommendations for improvement.
Oversight of Design, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting:
- Works with the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) team to ensure that the M&E systems of individual indicators are of high quality, providing regular impact and process data and that data collected meets the required standard.
- Shares results, findings, lessons learned internally as well as externally
- Leads the reporting process to various partners.
Commitment to Staff Development:
- Manages and motivates a dynamic, informed, skilled and efficient program team.
- Ensures all program staff have performance plans and plans are reviewed and staff are provided with feedback on a formal basis annually
- Incorporates staff development strategies and performance management systems into the team building process.
- Mentors and contributes to an atmosphere conducive to professional growth and development for staff.
Oversight of Finance:
- Monitors and manages the budget and financing expenses ensuring that they are within the framework of regulations and procedures, for DAPP.
- Keeps oversight to ensure that the project gets the most value for money spent.
- Assures safety and security of all program staff and assets
Representation and diplomacy:
- Coordinates with the Line Ministries and other key partners and stakeholders at national level, as well as with communities and local leadership in the operation areas.
- Communicates with the various Partners both government line Ministries and the private sector at provincial level.
- Degree in one of the following or related fields; Agronomy, General Agriculture Sciences and Agricultural Extension
- At least five (5) years of professional experience with an NGO in agricultural extension services, micro financing, nutrition, or seed and agro-chemical related fields.
- Demonstrated and proven leadership managing similar projects
- Good understanding of concepts and issues of smallholder farmers and nutrition.
- Knowledge of and experience in Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) practices/Climate services.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent team player
- Good facilitation skills
How to Apply
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CVs) and minimum 3 referees must be received: The cover letter and CV must be one document, and the applicant’s name must be the document title.
Indicate the job title as the subject of your email.
Please indicate your current or last salary and benefits in the cover letter.
Do not attach certificates and other documentation at this stage.
Please submit applications to these emails:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.