The North Western Water Supply and Sewerage Company Ltd (NWWSSCL) is a commercial utility, providing water and sanitation services in the North – Western Province. The Company has a vision of “striving for excellence in water supply and sanitation”. It is value driven and performance oriented and since inception in the year 2000 has been among the top performing utilities. NWWSSCL is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to recruit high profile, self-motivated, innovative, honesty, committed, adequately qualified and appropriately experienced persons to fill the following vacant position in a challenging environment. The Company operates in Eight (8) Districts of North Western Province.
Reports to: Managing Director
- Maintain and control all aspects of information technology to ensure availability and usability in enhancement of operations of the company.
- This includes networks, applications, coordination, databases, and telecommunications: Implementation,configuration,coordination,control,maintenance,troubleshooting,security,usage,monitoring and development of specialized system procedures and support for daily Operational activities of the ICT Unit
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- The Information Technology Officer (ITO) will mainly be responsible for the smooth running of computer systems and ensuring internal and external users get maximum benefits from them.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- End User Support
- Trouble shoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Support the roll out of new applications
- Rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, such as software developers
- Test and evaluate new technology
- To formulate and operationalize the ICT strategic plan in line with the corporate strategy.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Experience and Other attributes
- Grade twelve (12) School Certificate with five (5) ‘O’ level credits including English language and Mathematics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science Information Technology or related field.
- Master’s Degree in similar fields will be an advantage.
- Vendor certification such as Microsoft/ Cisco is an added advantage.
- Full Professional Membership to computer Society of Zambia (CSZ) or Other IT professional membership
Knowledge/ experience in the following:
- Commercial Utility Billing systems.
- Experience in Municipality Billing System will be an added advantage.
- Finance systems such as Sage Pastel Evolution
- Installation, configuration and management of SLQ Server
- Exchange server configuration and management
- Installation, configuration and management of Windows Server environment
- Design, implementation and maintenance of Local Area Network(LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN) and Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
- Carry out repairs of computers, printers, faxes, photocopiers and scanners
- Configuring switches and Cisco routers
- Design, development and management of dynamic websites
- Training staff in the use of desktop applications such as Microsoft Office Suite and other company relevant management information systems
- Development of long-term strategies of capacity planning
- Good knowledge of wired and wireless local area networks.
- Back ground in computer programming would be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ post qualification experience if possessing a Master’s Degree and Five (5) years’ experience if possessing Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience in the service industry such as energy, water sector will be an added advantage.
- Work with minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal skills and Team player
- The successful candidate shall be based at the company’s Head Office in Solwezi and would be expected to provide own accommodation.
- The position is performance based and the successful candidate shall be expected to sign a performance contract. FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE EQUALLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
How to Apply
Applications accompanied by copies of certificates, curriculum vitae, day time contact telephone number(s) and at least three traceable referees should reach the undersigned:
Manager Human Resources and Administration,
North Western Water Supply and Sewerage Company Ltd,
PO Box 110184,