Peace Corps Zambia wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of General Services Clerk.
In order to be selected for these positions, the applicant must be a Zambian Citizen, must not have been employed in intelligence-related activities, and must submit an application that clearly documents how they meet each of the following mandatory requirements.
Starting Salary: ZMW 142,142.00/Annum
Work hours: 40 hours/week
- The General Services Clerk Provides logistical, maintenance, and management support to post, working with the General Services Manager (GSM), Motor Pool Coordinator, and the General Services and PST teams.
- S/he has the responsibility for logistical coordination and oversight for the Pre Service Trainings, bicycle inventory and trainings, facility maintenance, and general inventory duties.
- This position reports directly to the GSM.
- Successful completion of secondary school with a diploma in the field of Administration/Logistics/ Procurement or related field is required. Bachelor degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ work experience in the field of Administration/Logistics/Procurement.
- Professional experience with donor-funded, multi-cultural organizations is preferred.
- Knowledge and good understanding of procurement processes for goods and services and inventory record-keeping is required.
- Knowledge and good understanding of general maintenance and repair so that facility maintenance works can be performed as needed and/or vendor supervision provided.
- Good working knowledge of English including proficiency with Microsoft based applications such as Word and Excel and with computerized inventory systems
- Must have a valid local driver’s license of class C level or better, clean driving record and ability to drive manual transmission 4×4 vehicles.
- For detailed job specifications and submission instructions, please visit the US Embassy website:
How to Apply
Applications and supporting documentation including a typed cover letter, CV, educational certifications, driving license, and at least three traceable references that clearly documents how you meet each of the above requirements must be submitted:
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and no telephone inquiries will be entertained.
Address applications to:
The Human Resources Specialist, Peace Corps Zambia,
71A Kabulonga Road,
PO Box 50707,
Clearly stating your name and position applied for in the subject line of your email
The United States Peace Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer