Peace Corps Zambia wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Financial Specialist (FS).
In order to be selected for these positions, the applicant must be a Zambian Citizen, must not have been employed in intelligence-related activities, and must submit an application that clearly documents how they meet each of the following mandatory requirements.
Starting Salary: ZMW 326,330/Annum
Work hours: Full-time; 40 hours/week
- The Financial Specialist (FS) reports to the Deputy Director of Management and Operations (DDMO) and provides financial and accounting technical assistance, training and oversight, budgetary, procurement and reconciliation support to the Administrative Unit.
- Tasks are focused primarily on establishing obligations, updating inventory data, vendor maintenance, processing collections, and ensuring VAT exemption.
- The FS assists in procurement activities as assigned.
- The FS works with other members of the Finance Unit and also works closely with the Director of Management and Operations (DMO) and General Services Manager (GSM) on specific tasks and to process quarterly and annual reports.
- As a Warranted Overseas Contracts Officer (OCO), The FS will serves as the third OCO for Post. And may be called upon to assist with other administrative tasks as required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or a related field is required. A post graduate qualification at master’s level will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in accounting, cashiering or financial management. – Three years pro-fessional experience in accounting and financial management with donor funded projects or international programs will be an added advantage
- Level IV (fluent) English is required.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and ability to interpret the com-plex regulations as well as in-depth knowledge and understanding of laws, regulations and procedures associated with USG or International organizational financial operations, is required. –
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and ability to interpret the com-plex regulations applicable to the several administrative areas for which s/he is responsible is required.
- In- depth knowledge and understanding of laws, regulations and procedures associated with USG financial manage-ment will be an added advantage.
- Highly computer literate with a working knowledge of MS Office – particularly MS Excel and ability to generate complex financial spreadsheets. Strong communication and organizational skills.
How to Apply
Applications and supporting documentation including a typed cover letter, CV, educational certifications, driving license, and at least three traceable references that clearly documents how you meet each of the above requirements must be submitted:
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and no telephone inquiries will be entertained.
Address applications to:
The Human Resources Specialist, Peace Corps Zambia,
71A Kabulonga Road,
PO Box 50707,
Clearly stating your name and position applied for in the subject line of your email
The United States Peace Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer