Peace Corps Zambia wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Medical Assistant (Short Term).
In order to be selected for these positions, the applicant must be a Zambian Citizen, must not have been employed in intelligence-related activities, and must submit an application that clearly documents how they meet each of the following mandatory requirements.
Medical Assistant (Short Term, On/around May 20 – September 30, 2019) – VA 06/2019
Starting Salary (Daily rate): ZMW 930.00/Day
Work hours: 40 hours/week
- The position performs a variety of clinical and administrative duties in support of the Health Unit. The Medical Assistant (MA) works under the guidance of the Peace Corps Medical Officer (PCMO) and reports to the Country Director (CD) for administrative issues.
- The MA is responsible for providing administrative support and, to the extent credentialed, clinical support, including but not limited to: working as the health unit receptionist, actively assisting the PCMO in clinical care (*), screening phone calls, taking messages, coordinating requests, scheduling medical appointments, distributing of medicines to Peace Corps Volunteers (PCVs) under PCMO oversight, and other clerical and administrative functions in support of the PCMO (s).
- (*) Clinical duties will be performed as approved by the Medical Director through the Credentialing Committee/Office of Health Services (OHS), with clinical oversight by the PCMO.
- Successful completion of a nursing school (technical/university degree), general medical school, medical assistant program, and a valid registered clinical license/diploma or applicable knowledge and experience obtained through on-the-job training or under the direct guidance of a provider (supporting documentation must be submitted).
- Two years progressively responsible related experience with knowledge of administrative medical duties related to health services. Clerical and Secretarial experience will be an added advantage.
- English fluency required.
- Basic knowledge of administration of health units/facilities, including procurement of medical supplies and Inventory control.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Power Point, Access, Outlook, and Excel)
How to Apply
Applications and supporting documentation including a typed cover letter, CV, educational certifications, driving license, and at least three traceable references that clearly documents how you meet each of the above requirements must be submitted:
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and no telephone inquiries will be entertained.
Address applications to:
The Human Resources Specialist, Peace Corps Zambia,
71A Kabulonga Road,
PO Box 50707,
Clearly stating your name and position applied for in the subject line of your email
The United States Peace Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer