Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometres. The mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations.
Lubambe Copper Mine is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM – Investments Holdings (20%).
The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 1,500 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.3% copper, yielding 45,000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelters in Zambia.
This position reports to the Manager/Superintendent.
Core purpose of the position
- Document Controller is responsible for securing and controlling the numbering, filing, sorting and retrieval of electronically stored or hard copy documentation produced by technical teams, projects or departments in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Filing and keeping track of important project documents like project plans, blueprints, drawings, vendor contracts, agreements, work orders, minutes of meetings, site instructions, stakeholders documents, capex records, contractors’ payment records, material and plant records, gate passes, SHE and other operational documents.
- Facilitate/manage and track all site procedure documents and input into the data base.
- Create back up and devise system to protect documents to safe folders for future recovery.
- Set up and maintain a site document control system and keen to develop data control procedure.
- Prepare reports to the manager, print out and distribute project documents to managers, vendors and team members.
- Design document templates as necessary.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and other usual software.
- Formal Qualification in Computer Studies / IT System Application (Minimum Diploma level)
- Formal qualification/diploma in Document/ Data control.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in large operation (preferably Mining/Construction) as a Document Controller or similar position.
- Strong computer, communication and organizational skills to work with documents, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and interact with the construction project team.
- Ability to facilitate document review workshops with Key stake holders.
- Cloud based software management is a plus.
- Project Management knowledge is desired.
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to this email:
Please do not send scanned copies of your educational qualifications at this stage.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.