Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometres. The mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations.
Lubambe Copper Mine is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM – Investments Holdings (20%).
The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 1,500 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.3% copper, yielding 45,000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelters in Zambia.
Core purpose of the position
- AutoCAD Draughtsman is responsible for preparing project drawings and maps, shop drawings, as built drawings for use in civil infrastructure projects, in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Create technical drawings, blueprints and plans for upcoming projects based on given specifications and calculations.
- Draw maps, diagrams, and profiles, using survey data to represent elevations, contours, structures/work details.
- Associate, interpret, and modify data obtained from surveys, logs, and other reports.
- Generate back up and devise system to protect project drawings to safe folders for future recovery.
- Assist in design computations, cost estimate and remodeling.
- Produce diagrams related to installation and repair of the systems.
- Conduct Field Surveys if necessary.
- Communicate designs to construction or production teams.
- Duties as instructed by supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Grade 12 Certificate
- Formal Qualification in AutoCAD/Civil 3D / draughting software (Minimum Diploma level).
- Experience in draughting sophisticated civil structures, roadway layouts, topographic surveys, construction calculations is a must.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in large operation (preferably Mining/Construction) as a Draughtsman or similar position.
- Must be a member of a professional body.
- Communication and organizational skills
- Ability handle multiple tasks simultaneously and interact with the construction project team is desired.
- Ability to produce drawings in a tight schedule.
- Cloud based software management is a plus.
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to this email:
Please do not send scanned copies of your educational qualifications at this stage.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.