St Ignatius College Ltd is a private non-profit Catholic Jesuit School located in Ibex Hill Lusaka and wholly owned by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits).
One of the great strengths of St Ignatius College is the commitment on not only academic excellence but also on the curricular leadership and community service. The aim of Jesuit Education is to provide academic excellence and quality education of the whole person in the Jesuit tradition. Further, the Jesuits desire a school that is centred on moulding tomorrow’s leaders to work for others in pursuit of a just and humane world.
- Learning for service of God and Others.
Our Mission – Our Purpose
- To mould leaders who are emotionally intelligent, environmentally conscious, spiritually reflective, and engaged in academic rigor by investing in learning and teaching.
Our Vision – Our Collective Dream
- Young leaders empowered in the Ignatian tradition working towards a just and humane world.
Our Values – Our collective Heritage
- Our values, exposing the new spirit of the college and its key stakeholders, are
- Holistic and complete learning culture
- Constant striving to be better and more
- Social justice for all and in all
- Value in diversity and unity
- The College is Seeking to recruit a dynamic, motivated, enthusiastic and qualified College Nurse/ Matron to provide Nursing services as well as Matron function to foster Holistic development of the girl child.
Overall Job Purpose:
- To provide high quality health services, strengthening the educational process by improving and protecting the health status of studentsas well as Holistic development of the students.
- Making the necessary referrals according to established policies and procedure.
- Promoting personal and social development appropriate to developmental stages
- Mind the welfare of the girl child in boarding.
- Live on campus and ensure that discipline is maintained in boarding.
- Be responsible for the administration of first aid to students and arrange logistics of taking them to the clinic when there is need to do so.
- Counselling students, their families and community members to foster growth in the student’s self- esteem, individual responsibility and decision making and social skills
- Enhancing students’ educational achievements through goal setting
- Adopting preventive measures that empower students to avoid problems as much as possible
- Providing appropriate interventions to assist students with school related problems and issues
- Facilitating the fulfilment of educational and life goals by assisting students and their families to explore and clarify the student’s options and personal choices through activities that stress decision making and personal planning
- Proving a continuum of preventative, developmental, remedial and intervention services and programmes and facilitating referrals to resources and services
- Integrating the gender perspective in programmes and initiatives of the school one is assigned to
- Co-ordinating the work of the Form teachers, Guidance teachers in Collaboration with the principal
- Keeping records of all interventions always carried out with each student while ensuring confidentiality in accordance with existing legal provisions
- Participating in professional supervision sessions
- Adopting and working towards the implementation of the school development plan
- Encouraging participation in natural projects and other projects in accordance with the set targets and as agreed with the college principal
- Engage in continuous professional development programs
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head of Department/ college
- Full Grade Twelve School Certificate with 5 O levels.
- Minimum of a Degree in Nursing or any other related qualification.
- Experience working as a Matron in Learning Institutions will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of two to five years’ experience.
- Registeredwith the Nursing Council of Zambia with 2019 Nurses practising License.
- Must have three traceable referees.
THE PERSON must:
- Possess a strong personality and character
- Be a Team player.
- Be willing to live within the College
- Be very Honest.
- Be a confident communicator with shrewd decision-making skills.
- Be able to manage a demanding and progressive workload.
- A result/ performance-oriented person.
- Possess the credibility to forge effective working relationships with senior management and other staff.
- Mature disposition
- Tact and diplomacy required in solving problems
- Confidentiality and Integrity
- ICT Skills and capacity to building skills are critical.
How to Apply
In return you can look forward to a competitive reward and benefits that include gratuity, life assurance and medical.
N.B: Applicant for positions at St Ignatius College are expected to support the school’s mission and contribute to what St Ignatius a Catholic School strives to accomplish as a Jesuit institution.
Please apply by submitting full detailed professional and academic qualifications, including a comprehensive CV to:
The Human Resource Officer,
St. Ignatius College,
PO Box 34114,
Submission can either be sent by email to:
Deadline for applications: