First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Records (Registry) Management – 55%
- Sort information and documents for filing according to records management system protocols.
- Classify and code information and documents for inclusion in records management system
- Responsible for Indexing, updating and modifying records
- Filing of information and documents in records management system
- Responsible for Identifying and retrieving information and documents for users
- Record file and document movements
- Label storage locations and assembling and labelling new files
- Maintenance of personnel files/registry/paper records in a controlled and efficient environment
- Ensure all filing is up to date for the personnel files
- Ensure leavers checklists are done for employees separating from the business and properly filed
- Archive files and documents that need to be archived
- Clearly label and separate active, terminated and archive files
- Remove inactive and dead files
- Establish document retention period and ensure that staff records are archived as per the company guidelines
- Maintain the register for all HR document archived records and keep records up to date.
- Strict enforcement of records management laid down policies
Control Maintenance – 15%
- Maintain file containing all documentation relating to recruitment process including internal job adverts according to regulatory requirements
- Undertake compliance checks of all HR Governance and controls relating to the recruitment process
- Undertake compliance checks relating to all Local statutory/regulatory requirements surrounding recruitment of employees
- Undertake snap checks as assigned by the Superintendent Resourcing and Talent Management.
- Monthly reporting on retrievals and inactive files.
Administrative Support to HR Department – 10%
- Complete and validate all necessary paperwork related to all leavers
- Separate terminated files from active files
- Ensure exit checklists are in place and FQM MINE is updated
- Ensure the pre-screening is undertaken for all recruits by HRBP’s and pre-screening documents are collected and submitted for filing.
- Ensure that all reference checks are undertaken for selected candidates before appointments are made.
- Ensure that all recruitment related documents are filed
- Receive recruitment requests, role profiles, sanction forms from HRBP’s and act accordingly
- Undertake all administrative requirements covering recruitment e.g. opening files, drafting and issuing offers, contracts and regrets/decline letters
- Drafting and issuing probation confirmation in conjunction with HRBP’s
- Any other duties assigned from time to time
On Boarding – 10%
- Run with the collection of all on-boarding docs in line with checklist as per recruitment, selection and appointment SOP
First Quantum MINE – 5%
- Ensure that the HRIS is updated as and when required with new entrants and exits
- Champion continual process improvement.
Internal Adverts and Page Up – 5%
- Post drafted internal adverts and post job vacancies on Page-up for external candidates
- Send correspondence to regretted candidates
- Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum two years’ experience in records management or a similar role
- A Tertiary qualification in Library and Information Science, a job-related major or a combination of education and experience.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferable
Key Job Attributes:
- Personal organization
- Managing relationships
- Information gathering
- Communication skills
- Organisation skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Presentation skills
- Numerate, articulate and detail conscious
- PC Skills
- Ability to work without supervision
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website: