John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and providers for the awarded United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/PEPFAR-funded Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) Project in Zambia. The five-year project which is be led by JSI in partnership with Abt Associates, mothers2mothers, and the Catholic Medical Mission Board, works to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration in three provinces: Central, Copperbelt, and North-Western. USAID/PEPFAR SAFE will work with the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, and district level to increase access to ART for HIV positive adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counselling and Services (NACS) and family planning services, and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations.
Position Type: Full-time
- The Administrative Assistant will be reporting to the Office Manager.
- S/he will provide administrative and logistics support services to personnel for the SAFE Project. S/he will assist the Office Manager ensure the smooth flow of the day to day office work.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist with all aspects of administrative support to staff, directory maintenance, equipment inventory and storage
- Assist the Office Manager in ensuring office upkeep in terms of needed repairs and daily cleaning
- Prepare and manage welcome materials for new staff including: orientation package, staff ID cards, business cards, office keys, telephone extensions and colleague contact information
- Manage office filing system and handling official documents confidentially
- Assist to arrange and coordinate staff retreats and office events
- Help in the organization of conferences/trainings/workshops with maintaining schedules
- Coordinate the procurement of materials, supplies and equipment for the office
- Assist the Office Manager to ensure that staff are well set up and comfortable in the office and surrounding premises
- Assist the Office Manager in the management of the office storage system including detailed record keeping of inventory levels, and monitoring of use by staff as appropriately required;
- Coordinate all logistical support for staff and consultants including office setup, hotel accommodation and air ticket booking
- Conduct Hotel/Lodges bill/Phone/Internet and Air tickets invoice analysis
- Coordinate with Office Manager and other staff to create and maintain administrative files for the office, keeping consistent and in an orderly manner
- Coordinate with the Provincial Offices and ensure timely payment for airtime for Volunteers, Consultants, Strategic Information Assistants and other cadres on a monthly basis
- Assist the Office Manager to ensure safety and daily security of office premises
- Coordinate the maintenance of all office supplies and equipment, including the scheduling of routine maintenance, and oversight of outside services providers (except IT)
- Assists the Office Manager in managing various service contracts for security, drinking water supply, generator maintenance, etc
- Follow up on Utility Invoices and ensure that these are processed by Finance unit in a timely manner
- Undertake any other responsibilities, tasks or activities as required by the Office Manager
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or related field, with at least 3 years of office management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills Required;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience working with an international NGO preferred; and
- Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Sharing is Caring! Click on the Icons Below and Share
How to Apply
Send your application via email ONLY to the email below:. In the subject line please indicate the position you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information.
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
John Snow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D